Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is the best pole hose on the market

WCF

Help Support WCF:

KevG77

What would be the best type of pole hose to use. I’ve tried many different ones bought from eBay and I’m wanting one that is durable yet flexible as I hate getting kinks in the hose (I’m sure you guys n gals can relate to this). 

Thanks

p.s I use cold water

Last edited by a moderator:
Though the flexibility of a hose will make a difference, the main reason your hose is kinking up will be more to do with the way you are working. For instance, I  mostly turn to my left when I walk away from a spot I’ve been working in. This means I introduce an anti-clockwise twist in my hose every time I walk away from a position I’ve been working from. I’ve only got to do this two or three times and my hose begins to coil up. A few more times and it will start to kink. So what you have to do is figure out how to counteract the twist you are putting into the hose.

My method: I turn the pole one turn in the opposite direction every time I turn away from a window. This doesn’t completely fix the problem as I forget to do it sometimes. So when I notice it starting to coil up, I take note of the direction it’s coiled in and turn the pole in the opposite direction until the coil falls out and the hose lays flat.

As for the best hose, well that’s personal preference. My favourite after trying four different suppliers is Gardiner’s green PU.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Gardiners green pu hose is pretty good only been using 2 weeks now but I am impressed I use rectus/ez snap fittings and I don't have to use O clips any more as the hose is a lot tighter fit so any issues and I need to change a rectus fitting it can be done very easily.

I can't stand the black hose from wcw.

It's so stretchy

I'm going back to Gardiner's green, from reel to pole and Gardiner red inside the pole.

I use a hoseless system

I can't stand the black hose from wcw.

It's so stretchy

I'm going back to Gardiner's green, from reel to pole and Gardiner red inside the pole.

I use a hoseless system

That black stuff is dog turd isn’t it ? it came with the phantom pole I bought and I lasted 2 weeks until I bought Gardiners Green PU, which I would recommend. Only thing I will say is to reiterate what @Marko067 has said above, all hose will kink to some degree there isn’t a magic perfect hose that won’t, just due to our type of work constantly twisting and turning the hose. So you need to learn to try and help it as much yourself as possible.

Back