KevG77

What is the best pole hose on the market

KevG77
Posted (edited)

What would be the best type of pole hose to use. I’ve tried many different ones bought from eBay and I’m wanting one that is durable yet flexible as I hate getting kinks in the hose (I’m sure you guys n gals can relate to this). 

Thanks

p.s I use cold water

Edited by KevG77

Pjj

We use exceed innovation blue hose and ionics orange both are very good we use hot water if using cold the exceed innovation is more flexible when it cold weather 

Marko067
Posted (edited)

Though the flexibility of a hose will make a difference, the main reason your hose is kinking up will be more to do with the way you are working. For instance, I  mostly turn to my left when I walk away from a spot I’ve been working in. This means I introduce an anti-clockwise twist in my hose every time I walk away from a position I’ve been working from. I’ve only got to do this two or three times and my hose begins to coil up. A few more times and it will start to kink. So what you have to do is figure out how to counteract the twist you are putting into the hose.

My method: I turn the pole one turn in the opposite direction every time I turn away from a window. This doesn’t completely fix the problem as I forget to do it sometimes. So when I notice it starting to coil up, I take note of the direction it’s coiled in and turn the pole in the opposite direction until the coil falls out and the hose lays flat.

As for the best hose, well that’s personal preference. My favourite after trying four different suppliers is Gardiner’s green PU.

Edited by Marko067

Oli

I’d say Gardiners green pu aswell, really impressed with it

Iron Giant

The new Gardiners green pu hose is pretty good only been using 2 weeks now but I am impressed I use rectus/ez snap fittings and I don't have to use O clips any more as the hose is a lot tighter fit so any issues and I need to change a rectus fitting it can be done very easily.

Mcsandlaly

The PU hose is great for fitting exceed valves up the hose as no clips needed, it just fits on and tightens up.  I have the yellow pu at the moment but will try the green next time I need some.