Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody use Brodex gutter vac

Not used one but centre inlet vacs block very easily try and get a side inlet vac they are much better , for the price of that one you are looking at you could almost get a grippatank vac they are very good , have a look on there site 

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippavac-outdoor-40-litre-gutter-vacuum-package

Yes I looked at this before. Being new to this there is options for poles and hoses. Would you mind advising me what to go for. Then there's a bag. Should I get that and is a camera necessary.  That's what appealed to me with Brodex it all came in one unit.  I appreciate your help.

Cheers

Steve

That’s the one I have , I bought the vac and hose only (10 meters ) as I also have a big vac that runs off a genie, and use the poles I already had , I wanted a smaller vac for shop fronts etc , I must say that it’s an exelent peace of kit far better than I expected it will lift large heavy turfs out of gutters at 50 feet heigh easily . Grippatank poles are supposed to be good but I don’t have them personally . A camera is useful to have but not essential most of the cameras that come with the kit arnt that good , I cannot remember who it was on hear might be @Part Timer bought the sky vac and the camera that came with it wasn’t that great , I think unless they have changed it the monitor and camera are held on the pole by a c clip very poor fixing and likely to drop off when you are experienced using a vac you can feel when the gutter is clear , I have a camera system but don’t use it that much tk be fair , mostley  for quoting ,just to see how bad it is , sometimes it’s useful to be able to show the customer before and after video footage . If you are just starting out gutter vaccing I would concentrate on getting a good vac and carbon poles , and as I could afford it later get a camera then .

If you look on that link could you tell me what poles and hoses to get please. It .means nothing to me. Thanks

Hose wise the standard 10 meters is what you want , with regards to poles I really am not that familiar with them ,the ones with the clamps are supposed to be very good but are oviously dearer , I would give them a ring and ask there advice , I wouldn’t want to give you the wrong advice as it’s a lot of money , you won’t be disappointed with there kit it’s very good stuff

Back