Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI Vessel or RO

Hi I am new to the site could anyone tell me which one is better DI or RO my tap water reads over 400 on the tds and I am using two DI vessels to purify my water.

Would I better off getting the full ro set up or should I keep as I am?

also if I would be better off how much roughly would I save each time to make 1000 ltr of water?

One more thing how much water do you waste to make 1000 ltr of water with the ro? 

Definitely get a RO, then run twin DI after it. Your granulate cost must be insane at the moment.

My small RO setup is set to about 50/50 waste/pure.

Cost savings depends on a lot of factors. How much do you spend on granulate now? Do you need a pump (added electricity cost) to get good enough pressure for the RO? How much is your water? Can you get a discount at the water board as you only flush half of the water you're using? Is it easy to write off the water expense?

And how much water do you use? If you only use a little, a RO will take a long time to pay for itself. If you use 1-2000l a week or more it'll pay for itself in a relatively short time.

I'm guessing you could strike a pretty good deal at a show, but I have no personal experience with it.

You might get it cheaper online, but remember when you are inexperienced, a good customer service is more important than price alone.

I personally went the route of a smaller DIY system build on house-hold sized membranes, but it did cost a lot of time and experimentation to get it working. If I had the money when I started out I would have gotten a proper professional system, but since my own solution works just fine for me I'm in no need of replacing it yet.

That's what i'm thinking, I could get all the parts on line for a bit cheaper and then put it all together my self but that will take up a lot of my time and it wont be as professionally put together    

Back