Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cant understand why water isn't at 0 TDS

Joshyouare

Hi again guys, hope you're all well!

I have my backpack, few 25l barrels, and just set up my resin and DI Vessel a few minutes ago.

My TDS is 70 from tap ish. I filled the DI vessel about 3/4 way up with resin, then added tap water to top, then put the filter or whatever it is down into the resin. I then connected it to my garage tap (picture shows) and then just let it come out into a bucket/cup to measure it. 

At first I had it coming out quite fast and it was literally measuring the same so obviously I reduced the flow and the TDS went down to around 50 or something. Then I kept reducing it and the lowest I've got is 12 TDS, it's on now at a really really low flow so I'll go and see what that is in a minute. Also, the water seems to be coming out brown ish as if the resin is in the water. EDIT: At the lower flows it doesn't seem to be coming out brown, that was mainly at the start.

I'm trying to work it out myself but I'm sure you guys will be able to give me a quick answer - the two things I thought is, at the start it was well too high flow so thats why it was still the same TDS, then I thought about it being slightly brown ish which made me think i've done something wrong with the resin. Then lastly I didn't know if there was a speciic input/output at the top.

Probably sounds stupid so sorry, could do with a bit of guidance though cheers guys ?

EDIT: Does it take time for the resin to be fully effective or should it work straight away?

53495623_329100704404428_2861748692283555840_n.jpg

53713785_2204241453175015_7408687082291331072_n.jpg

54258036_361841677752679_7273401874529648640_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've hooked it up back to front before just to see if it made any difference and it didn't appear too. I'd have thought that the tap wasn't used for a while and had a build up of sht causing the brown water. 

I've hooked it up back to front before just to see if it made any difference and it didn't appear too. I'd have thought that the tap wasn't used for a while and had a build up of sht causing the brown water. 
Yeah at the start it didn't seem to make any difference but then after a few minutes it seemed to go down to 0 so looks like its probably helped!

Back