Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

35 cm brush 4 jets or 2 ?

simon

first day using 35 cm xtreme with 4 x100 degree fans on domestics

pretty impressed although i had to turn the flow up a bit more than usual , then tried it with 2 jets and turned the flow down again but felt like im wasting the other 2 jets  any one else use a similar brush have an opinion ?   

I have the same brush. For me four jets (black 100° fans) didn't work as well as two with good flow. I have the jets set in the inner of the outer two holes if that makes any sense. If I were using pencils then I'd probably go with four 2mm jets.

yep i think im going to try a day with just the 2 but looking out the window i dont think its going to be today

My sons brush as 4 x 1.4mm that’s works well this is the only time he will use pencil jets it is normal flow I also have a gardiner 35cm rinsebar phototype which is brilliant but uses a fair bit of water. 

I prefer 4x100 degrees fan jets on my 35cm brushes. Creates a lovely sheet of water that rinses hydrophobic glass very nice. Also works brilliantly when rinsing on glass.

I also feel my brushes needs good flow on the ends, and it can sometimes be difficult to get the sides of the windows perfect. Having only two jets seems like it wouldn't help in that regard.

Couple of things I didn't mention which may be why 4x 100° fans doesn't work for me and two does.

I use a trolley and only use an 18mtr length of pole hose. The ID of my pole hose is only 5.5mm which restricts the flow compared to the 6 or 8mm of other types of hose. Flat out my 5lpm open flow pump can only push 2.5lpm of water through the 18mtrs of hose at the brush. It may be that 4x 100° fans require more water to work as well as I like. I also use a swivel on my brush which may be why I can get away with two fans as I can put the ends of the brush right where I want them when rinsing.

I found that 4 x 1.4mm jets works very well. 4 x 1.4mm jets use as much water as 2 x 2mm jets, but they give a better spread across the brush width than just 2 jets do on that brush width.

I'm not overly hooked on fan jets tbh. I do have both fans and pencils on one pole we can swap between depending on the glass, but I still prefer pencils. 

I have the same brush. For me four jets (black 100° fans) didn't work as well as two with good flow. I have the jets set in the inner of the outer two holes if that makes any sense. If I were using pencils then I'd probably go with four 2mm jets.
just sussed what you meant i never noticed there was 4 holes a side  i'll have to pay more attention tomorrow 

Couple of things I didn't mention which may be why 4x 100° fans doesn't work for me and two does.

I use a trolley and only use an 18mtr length of pole hose. The ID of my pole hose is only 5.5mm which restricts the flow compared to the 6 or 8mm of other types of hose. Flat out my 5lpm open flow pump can only push 2.5lpm of water through the 18mtrs of hose at the brush. It may be that 4x 100° fans require more water to work as well as I like. I also use a swivel on my brush which may be why I can get away with two fans as I can put the ends of the brush right where I want them when rinsing.
i mostly use a backpack and use less water with the 100 fans   with 4 on the go i had to either have less flow than i like or turn it up too much for my old knackered self to keep up with ha ha     got a job with the hose reel tomorrow i have it on 60 so i'll keep it at that n see what its like with 4 fans 

just sussed what you meant i never noticed there was 4 holes a side  i'll have to pay more attention tomorrow 

I know that sounded a little confusing but I couldn't think of any other way of putting it. Thought you'd work it out though when you looked at the brush.

I found that 4 x 1.4mm jets works very well. 4 x 1.4mm jets use as much water as 2 x 2mm jets, but they give a better spread across the brush width than just 2 jets do on that brush width.

I'm not overly hooked on fan jets tbh. I do have both fans and pencils on one pole we can swap between depending on the glass, but I still prefer pencils. 

When I first got my 35cm xtreme brush I bought a set of 4x 1.4mm pencils to try. One of the problems I remember from my 'pencil' days which I was reminded of again when I tried them in this brush was with hydrophobic glass. Whether rinsing on or off the glass I can't get a rinse I'm happy with as the water just bounces or peels straight off. I think I would have to double the volume of water through the brush (per minute) to get anywhere near the rinse I can get with the fans. The pencils are great on hydrophilic glass however. But with the black fans I can get a good rinse on both types, and as I have a good mix of both types on my rounds I decided to stick with the fans.

Back