Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public liability insurance

Dirty dan

Hi guys, after scrounging around the web for quotes for public liability insurance, most were coming in around £200. After a while I find a company called "A PLAN", this company is great, the guy was great dealing with me and I got a really good quote for £135, I let him stew for a few days and kicked him in the nuts again asking if that's the best he can do and told him a competitor got it slightly cheaper. He then brought it down to £110!!!!

After reading comments from some of you saying the insurance usually only covers public tripping over hose but not the glass you're cleaning, but this company covers the lot.

Ive asked for advice a few times on here and found it very helpful, just wanted to pass on a little help in return and hopefully save some of you some cash!

Customer yesterday said I damaged his car by my hose scraping his bonnet luckily it worked out ok but opened my eyes to the possibility of a customer doing you in one as tbh I wasn't near the car but it's his word v mine?

This is why I wanted to cover myself, I know people will try almost anything to screw someone out of cash. And I thought it looks more professional, specially as I'm going to try a couple of commercials and caravan parks

I'm with a plan for mine too and my van insurance as they were far cheaper than anyone else. I also have break down cover from them at a fraction of the cost the rac was costing me.

I know they do van insurance too, if they are this good on liability insurance I did tell them I'd give them a chance when my normal insurance runs out ?

I'm using the insurance factory at the moment and they are the worst company I've ever dealt with

I've just recently done my insurance, i was in two minds whether i'd even need it - leaflets with just a phone number etc and minimal risk being a window cleaner - using a trolley and back pack rather than a long hose connected to a wagon. Spoke to a manager at work about it though, she said make sure i'm insured as her friend went into cake baking and got sued for thousands over food poisoning and due to lack of insurance to pay for any defence, they ended up having to pay thousands.

First time i've heard of someone getting food poisoning from a cake! Not like germs can survive a 200 degree oven is it.. but yep, people will make up all sorts of twisted allegations to screw you for cash.

Latest Posts

Back