Jump to content
MissyM

Stuck Brush on Gardiners Pole

Recommended Posts

MissyM

Hiya everyone,

I have a 18ft Gardiners SLX pole and the brush is stuck and will not budge.  As someone has said it's cold welded. With help I have cast a heat gun over it and poured warm water over it but no luck. The yellow hose has split high up in the pole and I want to replace it. Anyone have any ideas how to remove it? Apart from that all is great with the brush and too good to replace. Soz in advance if I don't reply to anyones advice as busy all the time. Lol. Thanx everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant

Is the brush stuck on the angle adapter, or is the plastic gooseneck stuck inside the pole 

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
On 14/03/2019 at 11:41, MissyM said:

Hiya everyone,

I have a 18ft Gardiners SLX pole and the brush is stuck and will not budge.  As someone has said it's cold welded. With help I have cast a heat gun over it and poured warm water over it but no luck. The yellow hose has split high up in the pole and I want to replace it. Anyone have any ideas how to remove it? Apart from that all is great with the brush and too good to replace. Soz in advance if I don't reply to anyones advice as busy all the time. Lol. Thanx everyone.

 

There have been a few queries regarding this problem of late. It will be the angle adapter seized in the top pole clamp.

Alex G has suggest feeding a long wooden length of dowl up the pole from the other side and gently tap it out using a hammer. He also suggested that anyone with this problem phone the help line.

 

BTW its common courtesy to respond to replies. After all, we have taken some of our time to help you.  All you need to do is press the like (heart shaped) button after reading the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
On 14/03/2019 at 11:41, MissyM said:

Hiya everyone,

I have a 18ft Gardiners SLX pole and the brush is stuck and will not budge.  As someone has said it's cold welded. With help I have cast a heat gun over it and poured warm water over it but no luck. The yellow hose has split high up in the pole and I want to replace it. Anyone have any ideas how to remove it? Apart from that all is great with the brush and too good to replace. Soz in advance if I don't reply to anyones advice as busy all the time. Lol. Thanx everyone.

 

As Spruce has said, give our Customer Service Team a call & we can assist you with this. 01726 66400 or email us on sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

 

Using a long wooden dowel or metal rod to tap it out (having removed the hose) is the easiest method. 

 

If the hose is split inside this can be pulled out separately by releasing it from the brush connection & pulling it out the base of the pole.

 

It is unusual for hose to split up inside the top of the pole - could I ask a few questions about the pole?

 

What temperature water is being used?

Is there an internal pole valve device fitted?

 

 

 

 

Edited by Alex Gardiner

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Yeh I’ve got a super lite medium mixed which takes takes a lot of effort over the course of 60+ seconds to change, only that brush, the others are fine.

 

The brush is pretty old (2 yrs maybe) so I thought maybe the stock has slightly warped or something. But the other day when my hands were cold & I felt quite weak, and I actually couldn’t get the brush off, even standing on the brush head on the floor and pulling the pole up, wasn’t shifting! Made sure I got a early night, had my wheatabix and got it off the next morning 💪 

 

i just thought mine was a freak case. I’ll probably order a new one when I order one of the new brushes as well in a few weeks 😃

Share this post


Link to post
MissyM
On 16/03/2019 at 06:08, Iron Giant said:

Is the brush stuck on the angle adapter, or is the plastic gooseneck stuck inside the pole 

Hiya,

It's stuck on the gooseneck. Thanx for the reply. x

On 16/03/2019 at 08:35, Alex Gardiner said:

 

As Spruce has said, give our Customer Service Team a call & we can assist you with this. 01726 66400 or email us on sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

 

Using a long wooden dowel or metal rod to tap it out (having removed the hose) is the easiest method. 

 

If the hose is split inside this can be pulled out separately by releasing it from the brush connection & pulling it out the base of the pole.

 

It is unusual for hose to split up inside the top of the pole - could I ask a few questions about the pole?

 

What temperature water is being used?

Is there an internal pole valve device fitted?

 

 

 

 

Hiya Alex,

It's cold water used. No, no internal pole valves fitted. Hose directly fitted to the hose connector. 

Thanx for the reply. x

Share this post


Link to post
MissyM
On 16/03/2019 at 07:38, spruce said:

 

There have been a few queries regarding this problem of late. It will be the angle adapter seized in the top pole clamp.

Alex G has suggest feeding a long wooden length of dowl up the pole from the other side and gently tap it out using a hammer. He also suggested that anyone with this problem phone the help line.

 

BTW its common courtesy to respond to replies. After all, we have taken some of our time to help you.  All you need to do is press the like (heart shaped) button after reading the reply.

Thanx for the reply and I do apologise for my untimely response to peoples comments and help. 

In my original question I did state that I might be late in replying as I am busy. 

And seeing when most of the people who have commented were early yesterday morning when I was dealing with my 2 children getting them ready to stay with my mother while also getting ready to head off to clean 2 holiday cottages that I manage I missed them. Sorry it might have slipped my mind to check this site. Too late last night and too tired to even open my laptop.

I have a window of an hour this morning to get online,check my e-mails, reply to everyone here now,do my banking,answer cottage owners menial questions about the price of logs in the area and can I find a cheaper supplier as they want to save £3 on expenses and work out tomorrows work rota before I collect my children from my mothers and while the weather is good take them down the beach for the afternoon and then get them ready for school tomorrow and start another week all over again.

Maybe you might fancy popping over here to Aberystwyth and I can get you to stand still and hold something for me while I'm rushing around. 

Thanx again for everyone's help and comments. I do appreciate it.  xx

Emma. x

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
1 hour ago, MissyM said:

Hiya,

It's stuck on the gooseneck. Thanx for the reply. x

Hiya Alex,

It's cold water used. No, no internal pole valves fitted. Hose directly fitted to the hose connector. 

Thanx for the reply. x

 

Hi Emma

 

Thanks for the detail. It may be that it has just been in there a long time and has swollen with moisture absorption.

 

Once you have freed the gooseneck using the method advised, give our team a call and we can sort out a replacement base section for your gooseneck - this should prevent this happening again.

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
1 hour ago, MissyM said:

Thanx for the reply and I do apologise for my untimely response to peoples comments and help. 

In my original question I did state that I might be late in replying as I am busy. 

And seeing when most of the people who have commented were early yesterday morning when I was dealing with my 2 children getting them ready to stay with my mother while also getting ready to head off to clean 2 holiday cottages that I manage I missed them. Sorry it might have slipped my mind to check this site. Too late last night and too tired to even open my laptop.

I have a window of an hour this morning to get online,check my e-mails, reply to everyone here now,do my banking,answer cottage owners menial questions about the price of logs in the area and can I find a cheaper supplier as they want to save £3 on expenses and work out tomorrows work rota before I collect my children from my mothers and while the weather is good take them down the beach for the afternoon and then get them ready for school tomorrow and start another week all over again.

Maybe you might fancy popping over here to Aberystwyth and I can get you to stand still and hold something for me while I'm rushing around. 

Thanx again for everyone's help and comments. I do appreciate it.  xx

Emma. x

 

I'm tired just reading this. 😂

 

Now I'm old I realise why raising children is for the young.

 

I didn't mean that you have to respond in writing to every reply and sit on the site every hour of the day to read these replies. Just clicking the like button when you read them just tell us you have seen it. Its then up to you to decide if that response will work for you or just to 'bin' it.

 

Recently a new member posted a 'train smash' to him type of question to a problem he had. Several of us replied in length detailing a process that he should follow to identify where his problem was. To date, this poster hasn't even been back online to read any replies. I guess he could have read them with an email link but none of us will know if he solved his problem and if he did, what the solution was.

Edited by spruce

Share this post


Link to post
MissyM
5 hours ago, Alex Gardiner said:

 

Hi Emma

 

Thanks for the detail. It may be that it has just been in there a long time and has swollen with moisture absorption.

 

Once you have freed the gooseneck using the method advised, give our team a call and we can sort out a replacement base section for your gooseneck - this should prevent this happening again.

Thank you. xx

4 hours ago, spruce said:

 

I'm tired just reading this. 😂

 

Now I'm old I realise why raising children is for the young.

 

I didn't mean that you have to respond in writing to every reply and sit on the site every hour of the day to read these replies. Just clicking the like button when you read them just tell us you have seen it. Its then up to you to decide if that response will work for you or just to 'bin' it.

 

Recently a new member posted a 'train smash' to him type of question to a problem he had. Several of us replied in length detailing a process that he should follow to identify where his problem was. To date, this poster hasn't even been back online to read any replies. I guess he could have read them with an email link but none of us will know if he solved his problem and if he did, what the solution was.

Didn't mean to bite hun. 

Just not enough hours in the day.  Lol xx

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

I always have a problem with slotting in the Gardiner gutter tool and releasing it.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

With anything stuck there are two ways of freeing it. Pour boiling water on it to raise the temperature or freeze it. You can use brut force but easily broken.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

Yeah that's what always worries me. Last thing you need on a job when you don't carry a replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
MissyM
3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

With anything stuck there are two ways of freeing it. Pour boiling water on it to raise the temperature or freeze it. You can use brut force but easily broken.

Have tried that hun and casting a heat gun over it too. x

Share this post


Link to post
Cookie

Gardening gloves with rubber palms - the sort you can purchase from Pound shops - have helped me in the past with this - they allow you to get a good grip & then twist.

 

When you re-insert the gooseneck into the pole wipe some Copaslip round the part that goes into the pole - should make it easier to get out next time..

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

I keep meaning to file the sides of the fitting down. I think it's a couple of mm to big..

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
21 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

I always have a problem with slotting in the Gardiner gutter tool and releasing it.

Hi THL4KEL

 

I've not known these to be a tight fit previously - perhaps the male gooseneck is a bit older? If it continues to be a problem please drop me an email.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
6 hours ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Hi THL4KEL

 

I've not known these to be a tight fit previously - perhaps the male gooseneck is a bit older? If it continues to be a problem please drop me an email.

Thanks Alex, its well out of warranty mate. I will buy a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
solarpanelcleaningltd

I’ve a couple stuck in poles. Just leave them in, seems the easiest solution.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.