Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stuck Brush on Gardiners Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

MissyM

Hiya everyone,

I have a 18ft Gardiners SLX pole and the brush is stuck and will not budge.  As someone has said it's cold welded. With help I have cast a heat gun over it and poured warm water over it but no luck. The yellow hose has split high up in the pole and I want to replace it. Anyone have any ideas how to remove it? Apart from that all is great with the brush and too good to replace. Soz in advance if I don't reply to anyones advice as busy all the time. Lol. Thanx everyone.

Hiya everyone,

I have a 18ft Gardiners SLX pole and the brush is stuck and will not budge.  As someone has said it's cold welded. With help I have cast a heat gun over it and poured warm water over it but no luck. The yellow hose has split high up in the pole and I want to replace it. Anyone have any ideas how to remove it? Apart from that all is great with the brush and too good to replace. Soz in advance if I don't reply to anyones advice as busy all the time. Lol. Thanx everyone.

There have been a few queries regarding this problem of late. It will be the angle adapter seized in the top pole clamp.

Alex G has suggest feeding a long wooden length of dowl up the pole from the other side and gently tap it out using a hammer. He also suggested that anyone with this problem phone the help line.

BTW its common courtesy to respond to replies. After all, we have taken some of our time to help you.  All you need to do is press the like (heart shaped) button after reading the reply.

Hiya everyone,

As Spruce has said, give our Customer Service Team a call & we can assist you with this. 01726 66400 or email us on [email protected]

Using a long wooden dowel or metal rod to tap it out (having removed the hose) is the easiest method. 

If the hose is split inside this can be pulled out separately by releasing it from the brush connection & pulling it out the base of the pole.

It is unusual for hose to split up inside the top of the pole - could I ask a few questions about the pole?

What temperature water is being used?

Is there an internal pole valve device fitted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh I’ve got a super lite medium mixed which takes takes a lot of effort over the course of 60+ seconds to change, only that brush, the others are fine.

The brush is pretty old (2 yrs maybe) so I thought maybe the stock has slightly warped or something. But the other day when my hands were cold & I felt quite weak, and I actually couldn’t get the brush off, even standing on the brush head on the floor and pulling the pole up, wasn’t shifting! Made sure I got a early night, had my wheatabix and got it off the next morning ? 

i just thought mine was a freak case. I’ll probably order a new one when I order one of the new brushes as well in a few weeks ?

Is the brush stuck on the angle adapter, or is the plastic gooseneck stuck inside the pole 
Hiya,

It's stuck on the gooseneck. Thanx for the reply. x

As Spruce has said, give our Customer Service Team a call & we can assist you with this. 01726 66400 or email us on [email protected]

Using a long wooden dowel or metal rod to tap it out (having removed the hose) is the easiest method. 

If the hose is split inside this can be pulled out separately by releasing it from the brush connection & pulling it out the base of the pole.

It is unusual for hose to split up inside the top of the pole - could I ask a few questions about the pole?

What temperature water is being used?

Is there an internal pole valve device fitted?
Hiya Alex,

It's cold water used. No, no internal pole valves fitted. Hose directly fitted to the hose connector. 

Thanx for the reply. x

There have been a few queries regarding this problem of late. It will be the angle adapter seized in the top pole clamp.

Alex G has suggest feeding a long wooden length of dowl up the pole from the other side and gently tap it out using a hammer. He also suggested that anyone with this problem phone the help line.

BTW its common courtesy to respond to replies. After all, we have taken some of our time to help you.  All you need to do is press the like (heart shaped) button after reading the reply.
Thanx for the reply and I do apologise for my untimely response to peoples comments and help. 

In my original question I did state that I might be late in replying as I am busy. 

And seeing when most of the people who have commented were early yesterday morning when I was dealing with my 2 children getting them ready to stay with my mother while also getting ready to head off to clean 2 holiday cottages that I manage I missed them. Sorry it might have slipped my mind to check this site. Too late last night and too tired to even open my laptop.

I have a window of an hour this morning to get online,check my e-mails, reply to everyone here now,do my banking,answer cottage owners menial questions about the price of logs in the area and can I find a cheaper supplier as they want to save £3 on expenses and work out tomorrows work rota before I collect my children from my mothers and while the weather is good take them down the beach for the afternoon and then get them ready for school tomorrow and start another week all over again.

Maybe you might fancy popping over here to Aberystwyth and I can get you to stand still and hold something for me while I'm rushing around. 

Thanx again for everyone's help and comments. I do appreciate it.  xx

Emma. x

Hiya,

It's stuck on the gooseneck. Thanx for the reply. x

Hiya Alex,

It's cold water used. No, no internal pole valves fitted. Hose directly fitted to the hose connector. 

Thanx for the reply. x

Hi Emma

Thanks for the detail. It may be that it has just been in there a long time and has swollen with moisture absorption.

Once you have freed the gooseneck using the method advised, give our team a call and we can sort out a replacement base section for your gooseneck - this should prevent this happening again.

Thanx for the reply and I do apologise for my untimely response to peoples comments and help. 

In my original question I did state that I might be late in replying as I am busy. 

And seeing when most of the people who have commented were early yesterday morning when I was dealing with my 2 children getting them ready to stay with my mother while also getting ready to head off to clean 2 holiday cottages that I manage I missed them. Sorry it might have slipped my mind to check this site. Too late last night and too tired to even open my laptop.

I have a window of an hour this morning to get online,check my e-mails, reply to everyone here now,do my banking,answer cottage owners menial questions about the price of logs in the area and can I find a cheaper supplier as they want to save £3 on expenses and work out tomorrows work rota before I collect my children from my mothers and while the weather is good take them down the beach for the afternoon and then get them ready for school tomorrow and start another week all over again.

Maybe you might fancy popping over here to Aberystwyth and I can get you to stand still and hold something for me while I'm rushing around. 

Thanx again for everyone's help and comments. I do appreciate it.  xx

Emma. x

I'm tired just reading this. ?

Now I'm old I realise why raising children is for the young.

I didn't mean that you have to respond in writing to every reply and sit on the site every hour of the day to read these replies. Just clicking the like button when you read them just tell us you have seen it. Its then up to you to decide if that response will work for you or just to 'bin' it.

Recently a new member posted a 'train smash' to him type of question to a problem he had. Several of us replied in length detailing a process that he should follow to identify where his problem was. To date, this poster hasn't even been back online to read any replies. I guess he could have read them with an email link but none of us will know if he solved his problem and if he did, what the solution was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Emma

Thanks for the detail. It may be that it has just been in there a long time and has swollen with moisture absorption.

Once you have freed the gooseneck using the method advised, give our team a call and we can sort out a replacement base section for your gooseneck - this should prevent this happening again.
Thank you. xx

I'm tired just reading this. ?

Now I'm old I realise why raising children is for the young.

I didn't mean that you have to respond in writing to every reply and sit on the site every hour of the day to read these replies. Just clicking the like button when you read them just tell us you have seen it. Its then up to you to decide if that response will work for you or just to 'bin' it.

Recently a new member posted a 'train smash' to him type of question to a problem he had. Several of us replied in length detailing a process that he should follow to identify where his problem was. To date, this poster hasn't even been back online to read any replies. I guess he could have read them with an email link but none of us will know if he solved his problem and if he did, what the solution was.
Didn't mean to bite hun. 

Just not enough hours in the day.  Lol xx

Gardening gloves with rubber palms - the sort you can purchase from Pound shops - have helped me in the past with this - they allow you to get a good grip & then twist.

When you re-insert the gooseneck into the pole wipe some Copaslip round the part that goes into the pole - should make it easier to get out next time..

Back