Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders clean????

GF Window Cleaning

Hi Guys

What is the going rate for a complete builders clean inside and outside?

These are all turn key houses so these will all be fitted with kitchens, bathrooms, carpets etc..

The clean will include windows inside and outside. Fascia, sofit and gutter. Complete interior clean including floors, bathrooms, kitchens etc..  I am in Northern Ireland, I know it will vary in different parts of the country. 

I am quoting for a complete builders clean for a contractor who has a big site of turn key bungalows  and two storey house's. I haven't done many and the couple I done were for friends who built there own houses. 

Thanks in advance for your answers

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t generaly do this type of work but did two large dorma bungalows for an existing customer the tape on the window frames had be scraped off the window frames as it had been on there a long time and wouldn’t peel , total price £1500 for the two took 4 people 3 days to do ,so not a good earner ????

I once few years ago sub  contracted builders cleans , Total nightmare if not equipped properly taking off stickers on new glass ect, what finnished me from doing any more was the site manager giving me a vebal ok to wet scrap stickers off new glass !

when the sun shone on that glass afterwards he got on the blower & denied permission to my guy & claimed on his public liability ins & had the lot changed... 

BE SURE TO GET IT WRITTEN DOWN or suffer a lieing sun of a gun lol.

best of luck.

I once few years ago sub  contracted builders cleans , Total nightmare if not equipped properly taking off stickers on new glass ect, what finnished me from doing any more was the site manager giving me a vebal ok to wet scrap stickers off new glass !

when the sun shone on that glass afterwards he got on the blower & denied permission to my guy & claimed on his public liability ins & had the lot changed... 

BE SURE TO GET IT WRITTEN DOWN or suffer a lieing sun of a gun lol.

best of luck.
Too true avoid unless desperate for work.

id say dont bother.......seriously they are a pain in the ****....also if theres any scratches on the glass after you ve cleaned them you could get the blame unless you get them to sign a "scratch waiver",also theres the problem of getting paid,plenty of WCs have been bumped for money off builders.....

its the wrong sort of work if you like an easy stress free window cleaning life......

I was asked to do one once by builders wife as I do there windows but turned it down . Next time I saw wife she wasn't happy took her all day plaster on glass etc 

a massive can of worms,

always charge more as there will always be issues you dont expected, Ive lost money on builders cleans just for windows before due to these issues.

I just charge well and not bothered if I don't get it. Make sure you report scratches on glass in case they blame you. They are really not worth the hassle, I have often found to my cost. 

Like everyone else says "avoid" I did loads for an ex employer on a big development there was 2 men for 2 weeks to complete it which we did then the contractor went bust and our gaffer never got paid in the end !! 

Yeah i’d have to say the same. Done a few jobs in the early days working when tradesmen were around and you just end up getting in each others way, they get things dirty right after you've cleaned them. On one job the painter & plasterer had caked every internal window and frame up real bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work out roughly how long it will take and double the hourly rate you are happy with and specify you wont start work until all the tradesmen are gone.Personally I try to avoid builder's cleans but if you need the work take it.

Get paid upfront is key. It's funny how they never complain once the money is in your bank. Lot harder to get out of paying it when that's done. 

If you don't think it's realistic, try me. I always do that when they come along. If they're serious, they'll pay, within the day might I add, somehow the 60days payment terms disappears when they're desperate ?

Latest Posts

Back