Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

10 pound for a 3 bed semi LOL

noobwc

Thought i would share a funny story with you all had a message to give a quote for a one off clean, so i told the lady i do houses of the same size in the area and my first clean fee is £40. (this is a very upmarket area) Well she got back in touch saying she was hoping it would be under £10...

10 quid..... 

Always seems to be people in upmarket areas who want to pay an unfair wage for a-lot of work. 

Thought i would share a funny story with you all had a message to give a quote for a one off clean, so i told the lady i do houses of the same size in the area and my first clean fee is £40. (this is a very upmarket area) Well she got back in touch saying she was hoping it would be under £10...

10 quid..... 

Always seems to be people in upmarket areas who want to pay an unfair wage for a-lot of work. 
I've got some 3 bed semi's on the round at £12.50 a month. First clean maybe £20 and then £12.50 per month. There will be someone out there that will take the job for less than £10, either a dole dodger or someone starting out.

Her expectation of sub £10 is ridiculous but as someone said on another post she may have bought her house in the 80's for a few grand and have littler appreciation for the inflated cost of services these days. When I quote out Cheltenham I often run into people who have been quoted £45-50 for a clean on 2/3 bed houses. This may well just be the first clean charge but if they don't understand that it sounds like a rip off. 

She actually got back in touch later that night and wanted the job doing so i'm assuming she shopped about and was quoted a-lot higher.

she accepted the job and was happy and to be fair i under quoted it after doing the job 100lt of water it was really bad! 

She actually got back in touch later that night and wanted the job doing so i'm assuming she shopped about and was quoted a-lot higher.

she accepted the job and was happy and to be fair i under quoted it after doing the job 100lt of water it was really bad! 
I had one of those on Thursday. 4 bed detached on a new build estate near me. I quoted them through FB without seeing the house. They have been building there for nearly 10 years now and this must have been one of the first done. Took an hour and a half, most of which was spent dealing with the bits of ? between the frame and sill.

That said its well priced and regular work so I can't grumble too much.

I had one of those on Thursday. 4 bed detached on a new build estate near me. I quoted them through FB without seeing the house. They have been building there for nearly 10 years now and this must have been one of the first done. Took an hour and a half, most of which was spent dealing with the bits of ? between the frame and sill.

That said its well priced and regular work so I can't grumble too much.
Yeah i quoted her via txt as she was in a rush to get it done only a one off but i might knock the full area. 

Yeah i quoted her via txt as she was in a rush to get it done only a one off but i might knock the full area. 
I reckon she probably called a few other windies and got told to n0b off. Unless they're directly in a street I clean I tell them I can do it in 5/6/7 weeks or whatever. Normally they jog on at that point, if not then I quote them an exaggerated price, if that doesn't do it then I book em it. 

I always keep a few slots open for stuff like this because i know i can charge more because 90% will tell them no or over quote what i will. 

two man crew and it took over a hour so £40 isn't much 

I always keep a few slots open for stuff like this because i know i can charge more because 90% will tell them no or over quote what i will. 

two man crew and it took over a hour so £40 isn't much 
Definitely not mate. Good thing is now if she calls back in 6 months you can charge her the same price and it will only take 45 minutes. I have a couple of these I keep going back to as they can be good earners, just not regular.

Definitely not mate. Good thing is now if she calls back in 6 months you can charge her the same price and it will only take 45 minutes. I have a couple of these I keep going back to as they can be good earners, just not regular.
haha yeah i have told her like if its over 4 month it will be the same fee 

Back