Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lead generation

There are a few forms of lead generation though I think you are probably referring to the service that  @Green Pro Clean Ltd provide.

Not used it myself but only heard good things about it, if you search the forum there are plenty of appraisals and a description of the service.

best of luck building/expanding your round.

If you have the time, it really is worth going out on the door step/hawking yourself.It will really give you a positive return.To give you an indication, when we hawlk  for a week. thats Mon-Fri 10am to 3pm we average 4 - 6 customers a day, over the week, it's 20 - 30 customers which equates to a strong days work for a van. The numbers are not exact, but you can depend on a months canvasing producing a weeks work for a van.To add to that, hawking on a Saturday morning 9 -12 is always good, it normally produces  about 10 customers.I would suggest, why pay someone to do what you are more than capable of doing yourself.

Happy St Patricks Day

I have tried door knocking but didn't get any customers and got really disheartened by it like no one wants a window cleaner or they already had one. Like the places I have tried it's like oh no thanks or we do or own it's really hard. So maybe with the lead generation it could put you in an area with possibly no window cleaner.

Josh, do not be disheartened, all I do everyday, day in and day out is hawk.The numbers I mentioned previously are realistic averages that I achieve. You need to reconcile to the fact that this is a numbers based business, the more you doorstep, the more you'll gain.When you avail of a "lead generation service" any or all leads paid for could be gems or they could be on red routes, estates that you do not want to go to or leads that want a £5 service. Getting out there and hawking doors is a done deal when it comes to building a weeks work for a van.

Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have and I'm sure you will get some positive pointers.

And again, HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY

Lead generation is good, loads of lads on here rave about it. IMO it cannot be the only form of generating customers. You've said before about picking up customers etc mate. What have you done so far?

Canvassing... What are you saying. What types of houses are you going to? Are you heading to terraced houses like they have round Anfield where you can get the numbers in and cheap work or are you heading out to the big houses in Formby and places like that? What are you saying? What time are you going out? what days? how many doors are you knocking and how many answers are you getting?

Have you done leaflet drops? How many, what was the result?

Do you have a FB page and a Google page or website yet? Are you popping some adverts out on the local for sale groups.

As I say I personally believe you cannot just rely on lead generation but it is a good place to start. The above questions may give us an idea how to help you or they may just be thought provoking, I dunno.

I have been posting business cards as i got two customers from it from when i done it, must of posted about 300 maybe 350 yesterday and today. I have joined a facebook groups and posted in them, I have made a facebook page and got my friends to like it, i have an ad running on it now, I joined nextdoor got two customers from that. been targeting the nicer estates near me where they have a bit of money some 4 bed detached houses. I have been trying everything.

Josh

Your business needs customers, the question is, how do you get them?. Do not loose site of the fact that no matter what service you employ, be it a canvaser or a "lead generation service" these people or after one thing only YOUR MONEY.They are only offering a service that you can do yourself.It's blunt, however, the most predicatable way forward is to knock on doors.Josh, keep knocking, remember, if you go out for a fully commited day, you will pick up at least four victims, times that five, and you have what in my opinion is a days work.A month gets you a week.

Good luck

Considering you have never tried our services @Tendering window cleaners it's mighty kind of you to have such a negative opinion of them. 

You seem to be a canvasser chirping in here and there on various subjects so here's not my opinion but fact. 

1. Canvassers will all want at least 3 x the value of the first clean.  We charge just £200 for 20 leads. 

2. Canvassers put customers on the spot to make an impulse buy.  We provide names, addresses and contact number for people actively looking for a cleaner. 

3. EVEN IF you only close half the leads we sent you at say a VERY low ball of £10 each that's £100 in your pocket. Still £100 LESS invested than a canvasser would charge. 

4. Canvassers historically will low ball the prices to fill an order.  With our leads you set your own price. 

5. We offer a 100% money back guarantee our service.  Don't know ANY canvassers that do that  

6. This service was built by a window cleaner for window cleaners and saves them on average 66% of the cost of hiring a canvasser. 

7. Of course anyone can do what we do just as they could go and knock doors themselves. 

8. I am a window cleaner, I have also canvassed professionally and I always back any service O provide 100% 

Many of the lads on here use us regularly, I never name drop or ask for referrals as word gets round by itself. 

As per your email @Josh Foster, you have my number feel free to call anytime with any questions.  

Lastly the reason I dont promote actively our service on the forum is that as I am a moderator here I dont want to be seen to be biased (which obviously i am) towards my own service.  

The other reason I dont promote it here very often is I still have to pay @Gav for advertising, just as canvassers do. 

Josh

It is a slow process getting up to speed from a stand start, and as  many here will agree,It is frustrating when progress is not what you would like it to be.The truth is though if you  keep at it, it will gain a bit of momentum.There is no right or wrong way of building a round, in fact any process that adds to your customer list could only be viewed as positive. Employing a canvaser or a lead generation service will no doubt add to your customer list, but at a cost, the upside is that it can get you off to a rolling start and you will make back the initial investment, so nothing to scary there, it really boils down to the level of capital investment to are prepared/able to commit up front.It's been implied by a previous poster that I am a canvaser (of the commercial type) which is incorrect (not that there is anything wrong with being a canvaser) I do canvas every day, but that is for the expansion of my business, I do not sell leads.Because of this, I can say without fear of contradiction,that although a laborious task, and believe me, there are some mornings I look down a street and say to myself "I really have no humour for this" that first yes of a morning gives a good uplift. I wear a company branded fleece,I ensure I am shaven and kempt I keep the chat to a minimum unless they are keen and I always thank them for their time.I keep a list of the houses I've called on for each street I do and I record whether they were in or out, if they were in and availed and if they were in and declined, the reason I do this is because in every instance I hand out a leaflet, either through the letter box or in to their hands, even when they decline, the reason being is that you will be suprised at how many calls you will receive at a later stage by people who initially said no thanks.The numbers I quoted to you in my previous post in reality, lean towards the conservative side of things and are readily attained.

If  you go down the paid for canvasing route, do a decent survey of the area's you want to be in first, find out what people are paying to have their windows cleaned either by knocking on a few doors or through friends of friends etc.Then speak to a cavaser and stipulate the minimum price you are willing to accept, if they say they believe your prices are unrealistic, you know from your inquiries they are not, as a previous poster pointed out, you need to insulate yourself from low paying jobs, remember, the canvaser is a business he or she will get you the agreed amount of work in monetory terms and will generaly not refuse anything.I meet canvasers all the time when I'm out and whilst they are good fun and will have a bit of banter,they will freely admit to being on a mission to reach a particular target, be it £1000 or £1500 worth of work and nothing is turned down, I've often had them following me down a street, under cutting my prices just to get the sign up.

I would suggest, if you have the time, give it one solid week of door calling, have your flyers organised, be competitive with your pricing and work it Mon -Sat. At the end take stock on what it produced, I think you will be surprised,also, as you go through the week, you will fine tune your approach and gain a little more confidence and thicker skin.

Good luck

Josh

It is a slow process getting up to speed from a stand start, and as  many here will agree,It is frustrating when progress is not what you would like it to be.The truth is though if you  keep at it, it will gain a bit of momentum.There is no right or wrong way of building a round, in fact any process that adds to your customer list could only be viewed as positive. Employing a canvaser or a lead generation service will no doubt add to your customer list, but at a cost, the upside is that it can get you off to a rolling start and you will make back the initial investment, so nothing to scary there, it really boils down to the level of capital investment to are prepared/able to commit up front.It's been implied by a previous poster that I am a canvaser (of the commercial type) which is incorrect (not that there is anything wrong with being a canvaser) I do canvas every day, but that is for the expansion of my business, I do not sell leads.Because of this, I can say without fear of contradiction,that although a laborious task, and believe me, there are some mornings I look down a street and say to myself "I really have no humour for this" that first yes of a morning gives a good uplift. I wear a company branded fleece,I ensure I am shaven and kempt I keep the chat to a minimum unless they are keen and I always thank them for their time.I keep a list of the houses I've called on for each street I do and I record whether they were in or out, if they were in and availed and if they were in and declined, the reason I do this is because in every instance I hand out a leaflet, either through the letter box or in to their hands, even when they decline, the reason being is that you will be suprised at how many calls you will receive at a later stage by people who initially said no thanks.The numbers I quoted to you in my previous post in reality, lean towards the conservative side of things and are readily attained.

If  you go down the paid for canvasing route, do a decent survey of the area's you want to be in first, find out what people are paying to have their windows cleaned either by knocking on a few doors or through friends of friends etc.Then speak to a cavaser and stipulate the minimum price you are willing to accept, if they say they believe your prices are unrealistic, you know from your inquiries they are not, as a previous poster pointed out, you need to insulate yourself from low paying jobs, remember, the canvaser is a business he or she will get you the agreed amount of work in monetory terms and will generaly not refuse anything.I meet canvasers all the time when I'm out and whilst they are good fun and will have a bit of banter,they will freely admit to being on a mission to reach a particular target, be it £1000 or £1500 worth of work and nothing is turned down, I've often had them following me down a street, under cutting my prices just to get the sign up.

I would suggest, if you have the time, give it one solid week of door calling, have your flyers organised, be competitive with your pricing and work it Mon -Sat. At the end take stock on what it produced, I think you will be surprised,also, as you go through the week, you will fine tune your approach and gain a little more confidence and thicker skin.

Good luck
 What an excellent reply/post ?

Why not create a Google Adwords account?

You can then pay for your website to be at the top of the google search results when people who live in the area you cover search for "windowcleaner".

This will cost you tuppence and is **** easy to do.

You then just need a contact form on your website, if you don't already have one, for people to fill in and it's a good idea to have your guide price list on the website also to reduce time wasters.

Latest Posts

Back