Jump to content
noobwc

Grave stone cleaning

Recommended Posts

noobwc

So a person said i should look into cleaning grave stones, but i have no idea where to start do any of you guys do this type of work if so what would i need to do/use to do such a clean?

i would hate to mess up on such a job hence why asking in here! 

Also how would you quote such a job?


Thank you all for reading! 

Share this post


Link to post
windowsurfer

Do a search im sure that has been discussed, need to watch what the stone or marble is dictates the chemical used i think:-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Clearview Lee

I’m sure it’s dead simple once you get started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Nudel

If you are unsure if you can do that kind of job safely, just urn around and don't take the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
noobwc
51 minutes ago, Nudel said:

If you are unsure if you can do that kind of job safely, just urn around and don't take the risk.

No one knows how to do any job without trying, no one would be window cleaners if that was the case.  i would obviously get some old stone samples to do tests on first and test on family 

Share this post


Link to post
Nudel
1 hour ago, noobwc said:

No one knows how to do any job without trying, no one would be window cleaners if that was the case.  i would obviously get some old stone samples to do tests on first and test on family 

I'm terribly sorry. It was only an awful joke on my part. You know, just "urn" around. 

 

Jokes aside, go for it if you have the drive. I believe the headstone manufacturers also do renewal of old stones, refreshing painted letters and so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd

Look up your local memorial headstone place . Go in there and ask all your questions. They will offer this kind of service. They will happily share the information with you. You will be amazed just how in-depth and detailed it is and the kind of permissions you actually do need before you can clean the stones .

Share this post


Link to post
noobwc
18 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Look up your local memorial headstone place . Go in there and ask all your questions. They will offer this kind of service. They will happily share the information with you. You will be amazed just how in-depth and detailed it is and the kind of permissions you actually do need before you can clean the stones .

Yeah i'm aware of the permission you need to do it, and from what iv been told its a doddle to get you just need to put the right money in the right box.

A basic % of money earned 

Share this post


Link to post
solarpanelcleaningltd

I was a memorial mason before being a brethren of the pole.

If you don’t know what you are doing, keep well away. Different stone behaves in different ways.

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
On 16/03/2019 at 11:51, noobwc said:

So a person said i should look into cleaning grave stones, but i have no idea where to start do any of you guys do this type of work if so what would i need to do/use to do such a clean?

i would hate to mess up on such a job hence why asking in here! 

Also how would you quote such a job?


Thank you all for reading! 

Talking of that, I was at the burial of the man who invented cough lozenges today.

There was no coffin at his funeral 😁.

 

 

P.S. You shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ 👍

 

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
32 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Talking of that, I was at the burial of the man who invented cough lozenges today.

There was no coffin at his funeral 😁.

 

 

P.S. You shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ 👍

 

Good luck

Have you organised the coffin for your goalie yet 😱

Share this post


Link to post
noobwc
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

Talking of that, I was at the burial of the man who invented cough lozenges today.

There was no coffin at his funeral 😁.

 

 

P.S. You shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ 👍

 

Good luck

Sure you have told me this many of times i will never learn i'm afraid.

so... LOL

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.