P4dstar

Recording Income From Squeegee

P4dstar

Morning chaps. Just trying to get my tax return in order. I use quickbooks for all my expenses but have been using the @Squeegee App since around August. I can see reports but cannot make head nor tail of them. I've been recording the income across as a sales receipt (recording from the payments report) I've gone back in and the figures i've recorded previously have all changed.

Squeegee App
2 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Morning chaps. Just trying to get my tax return in order. I use quickbooks for all my expenses but have been using the @Squeegee App since around August. I can see reports but cannot make head nor tail of them. I've been recording the income across as a sales receipt (recording from the payments report) I've gone back in and the figures i've recorded previously have all changed.

Hi Patrick, 

If you get in touch with specifics I'm sure we can help you out with this! 😊 

Cheers! 

P4dstar
1 minute ago, Squeegee App said:

Hi Patrick, 

If you get in touch with specifics I'm sure we can help you out with this! 😊 

Cheers! 

I would do but if i'm honest I don't really understand what the specifics are. I put it on here for 2 reasons. One is to ensure it can potentially help others with the same issue now and in the future and the other is incase i'm missing something tax wise that I need to be remembering when transferring income over.

I don't necessarily feel there is an issue with the app, probably just my reading of the reports. I'll give you an example, when I go into the reporting section and look at the payments report for march it is about £300 more than if I click across to financials and look at the payments received section for March there.

Squeegee App
2 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I would do but if i'm honest I don't really understand what the specifics are. I put it on here for 2 reasons. One is to ensure it can potentially help others with the same issue now and in the future and the other is incase i'm missing something tax wise that I need to be remembering when transferring income over.

I don't necessarily feel there is an issue with the app, probably just my reading of the reports. I'll give you an example, when I go into the reporting section and look at the payments report for march it is about £300 more than if I click across to financials and look at the payments received section for March there.

Ah cool,

The financials page will show payments received against invoices generated that month vs the report which will show all transactions with a timestamp. The report will have much more information and will be the figures that you need for your tax return. 

A load more data to this report is about to be available on the next release (customer details etc) which is imminent 👍

P4dstar
10 hours ago, Squeegee App said:

Ah cool,

The financials page will show payments received against invoices generated that month vs the report which will show all transactions with a timestamp. The report will have much more information and will be the figures that you need for your tax return. 

A load more data to this report is about to be available on the next release (customer details etc) which is imminent 👍

Thanks guys, that was perfect. I clicked the CSV file and got all the info I needed. Looking forward to the new reports.

Any plans to add the option to scan receipts in QuickBooks style?

Squeegee App
30 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Thanks guys, that was perfect. I clicked the CSV file and got all the info I needed. Looking forward to the new reports.

Any plans to add the option to scan receipts in QuickBooks style?

Absolutely, the function to capture and store pics to attach to expenses has already been started and should be complete on or around the end of the show (this coming week) as it's part of a large package of features we're announcing there 😊👍