Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to buy a water fed backpack/trolley system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hyzer373

Hi guys I’m looking to start my own business, I want to buy a water pole system with backpack/trolley as I will be working from my car.

Im new to all this so I don’t know which ones are reliable/good.

I would need it to fit in my car and hopefully be below £200.

Like you, i'm starting out. I recently bought the Gardiner Backpack, CLX27 pole (plus brush, hose, and hose fitting - all on the same page), 6 blue 25L water containers from ebay and some shoe covers (also ebay) and already had my own clarke strong arm folding trolley.

My costs - approx:

£107 for the back pack

£260ish for the pole, brush, hose and fitting

£28 water containers from ebay

£3.75 for the shoe covers (for putting over shoes when walking through someones house to back garden - saves taking shoes off)

£10 for my first 172L of pure water from my local supplier.

Roughly £400 all in - give or take a couple of tenners. Oh and i have a folding clarke strong arm sack truck thing that i bought moons ago - you can find cheaper versions around these days for about £20. I've not printed any leaflets yet though - not had chance, still working on the missus's flaming car (nissan micra - total pain - avoid!)

There's cheaper back packs on ebay - some with poles, some without. I went with Gardiner as our own window cleaner recommended it to me saying it was the best one she found and having used it today for the first time, i was well impressed - I expected it to be really noisy but it's rather quite and just sort of bumbles. Awesome invention. I also opted for the Gardiner CLX27 pole too. For the price and price range it was the best they've got (IMO) with the highest reach. I've read people saying nothing but good things about Gardiner poles. Can't give you any feedback on it myself as i've used it just once - today but other people seem to love them!

Not exactly a cheap start.. but compared to other business's it's peanuts.

I would need it to fit in my car and hopefully be below £200
A decent pole will eat your budget straight away. All of the above recommendations are good but if you want to keep anywhere near that budget you're gonna need to start trad.

A DI vessel and resin alone would be £150 and thats assuming you don't need an RO.

To put it in perspective I made £120 today and only worked for 4 hours... If you could get near that on such a small budget you would offset your costs within a week. If it was that easy literally everyone would be doing it.

Most of the lads on here will have worked more hours and earned more but I think thats a good example of what a newbie could be doing within a few weeks. 

A DI vessel and resin alone would be £150 and thats assuming you don't need an RO.

I don’t even know what any of those things are?

i could go over 200 if I really needed to but I thought I’d be able to get a pole + water tank for under 200 to be honest, are the ones on eBay no good? 

I don’t even know what any of those things are?

i could go over 200 if I really needed to but I thought I’d be able to get a pole + water tank for under 200 to be honest, are the ones on eBay no good? 
Haha they're water purification devices mate.

The eBay ones are the pound shop version of window cleaning equipment. Mass produced Chinese cr4p. They will last all of 5 minutes, they're not very good and you certainly won't be able to replace many parts on them. Absolute waste of money if they're gonna last 3 months.

In my opinion the cheapest way to start would be;

• Gardiner back pack - £110
  • Gardiner SLX18 - £165
  • Water containers - £30 (eBay)

You can just purchase the pure water somewhere and you're away, worry about DI and RO later if you like.

Haha they're water purification devices mate.

The eBay ones are the pound shop version of window cleaning equipment. Mass produced Chinese cr4p. They will last all of 5 minutes, they're not very good and you certainly won't be able to replace many parts on them. Absolute waste of money if they're gonna last 3 months.

In my opinion the cheapest way to start would be;

• Gardiner back pack - £110
  • Gardiner SLX18 - £165
  • Water containers - £30 (eBay)

You can just purchase the pure water somewhere and you're away, worry about DI and RO later if you like.

I appreciate your help and advice mate, those prices are a bit better, where would I purchase pure water and roughly how much is that? 

Having to use the pure water has honestly put me off going wfp slightly, I’m considering just getting a long non water fed pole, can anyone recommend a good trad non water fed pole? Or could I buy one that is water fed but just use it like a trad pole? 

Actually it's a bit higher than that at £190
I meant CLX, that £190 is plus vat, the price of the equivalent CLX is £165 including vat... Long day yesterday, and today come to think of it haha, apologies.

I appreciate your help and advice mate, those prices are a bit better, where would I purchase pure water and roughly how much is that? 

Having to use the pure water has honestly put me off going wfp slightly, I’m considering just getting a long non water fed pole, can anyone recommend a good trad non water fed pole? Or could I buy one that is water fed but just use it like a trad pole? 
Some garden centres sell pure water or there is a company called spotless water that have filling stations. Its about 3p per litre. Not a good long term solution but in the short term.

Gardiners backpack and clx pole , sack truck from Homebase will cost a bit more than £200 but that’s the cheapest and best option and easier to lift in and out of a car , trolleys are better as they hold more water but you won’t want totry and lift it into the car with much water in it 

Back