Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decisions decisions...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hyzer373

Hi guys I’m looking for some advice here as I’m kind of in a predicament.

Im looking at starting up my own business as a window cleaner but from researching on here things are a lot more complicated then I thought. 

I was originally looking at getting ladders but to get roof racks fitted to my car is very expensive due to my model of car and it being 3 door, would be looking at £100ish, so I then thought I’d be better off just going the wfp route to then find out all about having to use pure water which is more hassle and expense.

I have thought about using a long pole in traditional cleaning way but I’m not 100% sure I could do a top job which I want to do to keep customers and gain work. I could buy a soft roof rack (to use ladders) which is mainly used for surf boards so I’m not totally confident they would be safe.

what would your advice be on which way to go, my budget is £300, any help massively appreciated.

Just wait and save more cash for the roof rack.
I agree. If you are going to be carrying ladders you really ought to have a proper roof rack. You might not have insurance cover if you don't. Probably worth letting the insurance company know as well to make sure you are covered. I got a very good pair of roof bars from a company called Mick's Garage, on the Web. Sounds like a back alley outfit but it isn't. The quality and service was first class. I can't remember the price but I don't think it was over expensive. 

Good luck. 

Latest Posts

Back