Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Client will not pay, and will not reply to emails

WCF

Help Support WCF:

John Jow

I recently had a call to clean an office car park at short notice. The client was refurbishing/refitting the office on behalf of the new office leaseholder. The agreed price was £2.3k. After completing the work, the refurb company have ignored my invoice and are not replying to texts or emails. I want to communicate by these methods, as that way there is a trail of communication.

Should I go direct to the leaseholder and attempt to reclaim the money from them?

We  had the same thing a few years back, I was called to clean inside Tor Abbey here in torquay after a masive refit. we had agreed the price, then completed the job within two days. I had got 5 cleaners in and even brought lunch for all the staff. My total bill was £1500, After sending an invoice to this company ( IDS retail ) never heard anything for a week so rang them, was told its being sorted and would pay on such a date, the date would come and go so would ring again asking where my money was to be told its in hand. I the hired a company to go and collect it for me as they were based in london, only to find the had gone out of business. But the sister company owned by the same buy was still trading, That must have been 5 years back i still have never been paid. I was in contact with the administrator who said the this company owed millions and the employees will get money as well as some companys that were owed hundreds of thousends and if there was any thing left we might get something. I live in hope. But it has left a very sour taste and im very reluctant to work for these building companies again. 

We  had the same thing a few years back, I was called to clean inside Tor Abbey here in torquay after a masive refit. we had agreed the price, then completed the job within two days. I had got 5 cleaners in and even brought lunch for all the staff. My total bill was £1500, After sending an invoice to this company ( IDS retail ) never heard anything for a week so rang them, was told its being sorted and would pay on such a date, the date would come and go so would ring again asking where my money was to be told its in hand. I the hired a company to go and collect it for me as they were based in london, only to find the had gone out of business. But the sister company owned by the same buy was still trading, That must have been 5 years back i still have never been paid. I was in contact with the administrator who said the this company owed millions and the employees will get money as well as some companys that were owed hundreds of thousends and if there was any thing left we might get something. I live in hope. But it has left a very sour taste and im very reluctant to work for these building companies again. 
Def worth bearing this in mind. All sorts of crooks out there in this world. Bad enough if you're strong but that kind of thing can tip some over the edge.

I recently had a call to clean an office car park at short notice. The client was refurbishing/refitting the office on behalf of the new office leaseholder. The agreed price was £2.3k. After completing the work, the refurb company have ignored my invoice and are not replying to texts or emails. I want to communicate by these methods, as that way there is a trail of communication.

Should I go direct to the leaseholder and attempt to reclaim the money from them?
Your contract is with whoever instructed you to do the job. I would be amazed if the leaseholder would say anything different. You need to find out a Directors contact info and start threatening, not physically, them. Good luck but the longer you wait the less chance you have of getting paid, unfortunately this is a fact. 

Back