Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40/40 R.O System Recommendation

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Evening 

Depsite owning a R.O for 3/4 years, I’m not proud to admit I know very little about them. I’ve currently got a small 600gpd from streamline. It’s been pretty good, very cheap to maintain.

But later this year, or sometime in the future I want to get a bigger R.0, mainly for better ratio of pure to waste. I reckon mine is only 20% pure Maximum.

I will definitely need a booster pump to go with it, I have one atm but not sure it’s lasted that well.

Which 40/40 or 40/21’ have you guys got? Which do you recommend?

Thanks. 

Evening 

Depsite owning a R.O for 3/4 years, I’m not proud to admit I know very little about them. I’ve currently got a small 600gpd from streamline. It’s been pretty good, very cheap to maintain.

But later this year, or sometime in the future I want to get a bigger R.0, mainly for better ratio of pure to waste. I reckon mine is only 20% pure Maximum.

I will definitely need a booster pump to go with it, I have one atm but not sure it’s lasted that well.

Which 40/40 or 40/21’ have you guys got? Which do you recommend?

Thanks. 
20% pure is really low. Mine wasnt much better till I got a booster pump. First it was nearly 3 waste to 1 pure, that was from 530 at the tap with pressure of about 50psi. Then I moved up the hill and the pressure was even lower, down to about 30 psi so the waste to pure became even worse, say over 4 to 1. So thought  sod it, get the booster, should hopefully last and pay for itself, that makes the ratio about 60 waste to 40 pure. Also the time factor, get 2 litres a minute with the booster. I should say, this is with a 40/21 Ro. Booster wasnt cheap at 300 odd but had to get it really.

4040 RO with HF5 and 20'' filter housings from Daqua. It will currently set you back approx £650 including VAT and delivery. Doug will test and put it all together all you have to do it plumb it in your end basically.

4040 RO with HF5 and 20'' filter housings from Daqua. It will currently set you back approx £650 including VAT and delivery. Doug will test and put it all together all you have to do it plumb it in your end basically.
Oh really? Ok interesting. Is it easy to maintain? Do you recall how much extra a booster pump is ?

Oh really? Ok interesting. Is it easy to maintain? Do you recall how much extra a booster pump is ?
Haven't bought the booster pump yet but i'll be getting one of these;

https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/filters-filter-systems/filter-systems/240v-booster-pump-detail

and 

https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/filters-filter-systems/filter-systems/electronic-shutoff-controller-for-booster-pump-detail

I find it really simple. It's 8 screws to mount it to the wall and really simple to run, change filters etc.

I got a great deal from Vyair & swapped my Ionic R/O housing & membrane for one from Vyair ! saved a packet of dollar for exactly the same LPM size .

just a thought for you.. 

Nice. With the ongoing costs, how often go you change the pre filters? And how much do they cost?

And the membrane as well?

Also, what TDS is your mains going in? And coming out of R.O before resin?

Thanks 

Sorry about all the questions. But just out of curiosity, do you like questions? Would you like more questions?  If not why not? Can you imagine a world without questions? Haha....

Nice. With the ongoing costs, how often go you change the pre filters? And how much do they cost?

And the membrane as well?

Also, what TDS is your mains going in? And coming out of R.O before resin?

Thanks 

Sorry about all the questions. But just out of curiosity, do you like questions? Would you like more questions?  If not why not? Can you imagine a world without questions? Haha....
Don't be daft, ask away mate.

Input TDS for me ranges from 124 today (So happy with that) to 430ish the middle of last summer. I think I draw from different sources.

If you look on the metal plate of the IBC I have a bunch of meters. Single line TDS for TDS in and dual line which measures out of the membrane and out of the DI. The other one is a meter that measures how much water goes through the system to make sure I change the filters regularly.

The carbon block lasts 75k litres, 25k litres for the sediment filter. The Carbon block costs £35 from Grippa (Buy 2 at a time for free delivery) The sediment are £8 each from Daqua.

Have a 4040 from daqua also.

getting over 300 litres an hour at 60:40 with over 200psi. Mental pressure,

Have a 4040 from daqua also.

getting over 300 litres an hour at 60:40 with over 200psi. Mental pressure,
200psi !!?? Blimey. That’s why my water pressure is so weak haha

Ok I’ve got my heart set on that R.O & booster pump thanks @P4dstar

First of all finish off stupid credit card repayment, then £1100 on the July tax bill, then I did have a electric reel on my wish list, but that’ll have to wait till Xmas or something, think a better RO is more important. 

200psi !!?? Blimey. That’s why my water pressure is so weak haha

Ok I’ve got my heart set on that R.O & booster pump thanks @P4dstar

First of all finish off stupid credit card repayment, then £1100 on the July tax bill, then I did have a electric reel on my wish list, but that’ll have to wait till Xmas or something, think a better RO is more important. 
A better RO will pay for itself mate. I would choose that over an electric reel unless you have shoulder problems. 

Back