Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you treat yours?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tango

I'm just wondering how you guys treat your pole and hose when you're moving to / from the property to your vehicle? In fact this is probably more aimed at the back packers than those using a van..

My issue is this. 10m long hose to hold, plus the pole and a trolley to pull. That doesn't leave much freedom for things like ringing someones door bell!

So I was mulling over the idea of disconnecting the hose from the goose neck between jobs - but it's quite s small connector and i'm not overly convinced that it will live long like that. Obviously wrapping the hose around the trolley without disconnecting the goose neck then ties the pole to the trolley too. I wondered about using a bit of pipe on the side of the trolley to put the pole in but then if i stand it in there on it's base it will crush the hose or i could put it in upside down but have to remove the goose neck each time lol.

So.. How do you treat yours?

Tango

For the most part I only use 18mtrs of pole hose. I use the so called tubeless method to connect my pole to my hose which means I can disconnect my hose at both ends easily. I hand coil my hose, tie it off with a releasable cable tie and hook it over my trolley when walking to and from my car. I wear a lightweight fishing gilet which gives me all the pockets I need to carry small tools like scraper, microfibre, phone etc. I’ll post a pic if I can find it.

hose_trolley_pole.jpg

Because I have a lot of quite compact work my hose is uncoiled most of the time and trails behind me as I walk between houses. That's a 25mtr reel on the trolley in the pic, but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Autoretracting air hose reel, and a hoseless pole works for me on my trolley.

A pipe to pop the pole in would be a nice addition.

Or you could print one if these and glue it to the gooseneck to ring the doorbells. 

I use the so called tubeless method to connect my pole to my hose which means I can disconnect my hose at both ends easily.

Thanks for the reply, forgive the daft question, whats the "tubeless method" ? Is that where you run the tub outside of the pole instead of inside it?

Hoseless pole - presumably the same as Mark0067 is talking about? Oh yeah, i like the retractable air hose idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

A pipe to pop the pole in would be a nice addition.

Or you could print one if these and glue it to the gooseneck to ring the doorbells. 
Would love to see the retractable airhose real in action and how and where you have it set up. Sounds good. Didn’t think it would work with water though

Now i feel stupid.. i've just checked the EZ connector and it does actually fit through the bottom hole on the CLX27 and also fits inside section 1 of the pole too - so section 2 onwards will be no problem. Gardiner told me on the phone that there was no point having a shorter hose on the pole as the connector wouldn't fit inside lol. Anyway.. now i know that i can fit the connector inside the pole i guess i can shorten the hose, use a pipe on the side of the trolley as a holder and leave section extended up a bit to keep the connector inside when the pole is in it's pipe holder..

Awesome!

Thanks for the reply, forgive the daft question, whats the "tubeless method" ? Is that where you run the tub outside of the pole instead of inside it?

Tubeless refers to the state the pole is in when you disconnect. Ie, the only hose left in the pole when you disconnect is the short piece in the top section. This is achieved buy closing the pole to its shortest length and cutting the hose a few inches from the bottom of the pole and fitting a connector, either an ezsnap/rectus 21 or JG. This is not to everyone’s liking but can be very useful if you can get on with it. I for one find it very useful 

Back