Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

flyers/leaflets

Glazenwasser (.NL)

So I imagine loads of you are now busy getting your gear ready and waiting for the phone to ring so you can earn all that loot? When I first started wfp window cleaning in 2006 I did it all by leaflets alone and found 0.5% to be my response rate to my leaflets.... What sort of success or failure do you find to your advertising ... Perhaps leaflets don't work for you... What does work best for you.... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I imagine loads of you are now busy getting your gear ready and waiting for the phone to ring so you can earn all that loot? When I first started wfp window cleaning in 2006 I did it all by leaflets alone and found 0.5% to be my response rate to my leaflets.... What sort of success or failure do you find to your advertising ... Perhaps leaflets don't work for you... What does work best for you.... ?
1.5% overall for me. I had a lad out delivering them on Monday for me. So far 1k has provided me with 4 customers. Some drops have given 0.2% return, others 5% (20 customers from 400 leaflets, that was an epic result!)

I am going to do a drop this week of business cards as a trial to see how I get on I am only targeting specific new build estates I already cover and I have only got 500 which will see me over for quite a while.

Started a lad on last week - first go on Saturday. He will be delivering for 3 hours every Saturday so will keep you posted how I get on :)

Will be window cleaning on one side and gutter clearing on the other. 

Started a lad on last week - first go on Saturday. He will be delivering for 3 hours every Saturday so will keep you posted how I get on ?

Will be window cleaning on one side and gutter clearing on the other. 
I'm paying the lad working for me by the leaflet not by the hour. 1k leaflets makes him £40, 4p per leaflet targeting built up areas. Not necessarily ''new build'' in the literal sense but estates built after 1990 with houses close together. He has a change to earn a good amount but an incentive to pick up the pace!

I've been posting these near properties I already do. I've posted about 30 so far. 2 responses. Condensed works too because its next to ones I already do!

Just had some time off with new baby. Out today so will hit all the neighbours in my round with them today!

20190125_141824_0001.png

20190125_141824_0000.png

I'm paying the lad working for me by the leaflet not by the hour. 1k leaflets makes him £40, 4p per leaflet targeting built up areas. Not necessarily ''new build'' in the literal sense but estates built after 1990 with houses close together. He has a change to earn a good amount but an incentive to pick up the pace!
How would you track his progress? 

What is stopping him binning say 500 and posting the rest? 

PS i have trust issues lol 

I pay my lad by the hour and take him over the area i want leafleting. I then drop him off at the start and pick him up at the end. I also pay him £1 haha for every enquiry on top of his hourly rate.

i have done this before and it worked quite well last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I've been posting these near properties I already do. I've posted about 30 so far. 2 responses. Condensed works too because its next to ones I already do!

Just had some time off with new baby. Out today so will hit all the neighbours in my round with them today!
Congrats on the baby mate!

This is a difficult one. I only want to leaflet areas I already work in. I've told the lad straight he will be delivering leaflets to existing customers houses and I will be checking. I also popped along to help him at the end of the day. Reckon I delivered about 100 of the 1K he did Monday but still paid him for the 1k.

Going with him at first is a good way of gauging how quickly he/she would be able to deliver 1000 leaflets. I'm picking him up and dropping him off so I can keep track of this. I can also track the return rate (Not exactly of course) but if he says he has delivered 1k leaflets and the phone doesn't ring at all then I would know. 

Now we all have a ton of advertising hit our letterboxes each day.... Who are the annonymous leaflet peeps who do that? Now look at how many houses

in your town.....mine has 11317.....so even a 0.25%=28.29 response & conversion would be 'good' at let's say a minium 100quid per job..... Do that 3 times each PW washing season and perhaps this would have us busy little bumble bees rolling in honey.

Now we all have a ton of advertising hit our letterboxes each day.... Who are the annonymous leaflet peeps who do that? Now look at how many houses

in your town.....mine has 11317.....so even a 0.25%=28.29 response & conversion would be 'good' at let's say a minium 100quid per job..... Do that 3 times each PW washing season and perhaps this would have us busy little bumble bees rolling in honey.
Forgot you were pressure washing not window cleaning. I wouldn't think you'd get anywhere near the same response for pressure washing as you would window cleaning. Having said that in my brief experience the Netherlands is a very clean country so pressure washing may be more popular.

Congrats on the baby mate!

This is a difficult one. I only want to leaflet areas I already work in. I've told the lad straight he will be delivering leaflets to existing customers houses and I will be checking. I also popped along to help him at the end of the day. Reckon I delivered about 100 of the 1K he did Monday but still paid him for the 1k.

Going with him at first is a good way of gauging how quickly he/she would be able to deliver 1000 leaflets. I'm picking him up and dropping him off so I can keep track of this. I can also track the return rate (Not exactly of course) but if he says he has delivered 1k leaflets and the phone doesn't ring at all then I would know. 
I bet you didn't tell him about the tracker you installed on his phone ?

We don’t advertise or leaflet , most of our add on services are from recommendations , or being seen doing a job for someone else or web site enquires, 

We don’t advertise or leaflet , most of our add on services are from recommendations , or being seen doing a job for someone else or web site enquires, 
I have been gaining a good amount of work from walk ups, recommendations and just basically reputation. It's just that I have some big targets this year so leaflets were a way to smash those targets. Customers from leaflets are decent long term customers in my experience from last years drops. I've done the sums and I reckon I only dropped 5k leaflets all year last year in total and i'll be at that figure by the end of next week.

I have been gaining a good amount of work from walk ups, recommendations and just basically reputation. It's just that I have some big targets this year so leaflets were a way to smash those targets. Customers from leaflets are decent long term customers in my experience from last years drops. I've done the sums and I reckon I only dropped 5k leaflets all year last year in total and i'll be at that figure by the end of next week.
We are lucky and been in buisness for 20 years so are well known Ime glad that Ime not starting up now , cannot be easy , however down hear there is a great need for good and reliable window cleaners they are few and far between 

Haha I look back now and shake my head, but when I was 15/16, for some money in the school holidays me & my friend did some leafleting for the foreign language school which my mum worked at.

We did the first 2 days ok(ish), 3rd day was a sunny hot Friday. Our other mates were all down the beach hut. So yep, you guessed it. Binned. At the time I thought it was a great idea, but then spent the next few days worrying. I will confess to my mum one day (that was 13/14yrs ago haha)

We are lucky and been in buisness for 20 years so are well known Ime glad that Ime not starting up now , cannot be easy , however down hear there is a great need for good and reliable window cleaners they are few and far between 
Same round here mate. It's not that hard to start up, it's hard work but that is all. Having said that I pumped my life savings into this. Had I started with £200 and a Fiat punto things might have been more difficult ?

Years ago the local free paper would pay kids £5 to deliver a big bundle. You would always see them dumped somewhere..

Back