Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rectus 21 fittings keep jamming

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris70

Rectus 21 fitting kept jamming so bought the cover from exceed which was fine for a month now keeps jamming again which is doing my head in i have tubeless set up so need it working well all time does anyone els have this trouble with them Cheers

Is the rectus jamming open so that water comes out? If so you can push the centre piece back in with a screw driver. Best to have a few to hand in case you have problems on the job.

No mate not jamming open its when i go to connect them together they don't click in need to tap few times before they connect 

i also heard some people using wd40 wonder if that would work

I use a bit of PTFE spray, works wonders.

Make sure you don't pick up grit when you rest your pole on the ground.

It's also easier to connect when not pressurized.

Rectus 21 fitting kept jamming so bought the cover from exceed which was fine for a month now keeps jamming again which is doing my head in i have tubeless set up so need it working well all time does anyone els have this trouble with them Cheers

We find that that they don’t last long I recone we replace them every 3-4 months , they either jam open , or closed , or only partly open allowing a restricted flow to the pole , I like them in principle but they don’t last well in day to day use , the only reason I have stuck with them is due to the hose less system nothing else will fit up the pole or cannot be released up the pole . I think there is a need for something the same size and way of connecting but far better quality, let’s hope the manufacturers see this and come up with a simple solution 

WD40 or something similar will sort out any jammed connectors......i use the pro26 and these a lot more durable but still jam occasionally...i little squirt and their like brand new again....

WD40 or something similar will sort out any jammed connectors......i use the pro26 and these a lot more durable but still jam occasionally...i little squirt and their like brand new again....
do you spray all over connector inside as well mate or just the outside

Copper grease is the best all round product to use, I smear some on with a small piece of copper wire to get were the ball bearings are in the rectus fitting the grease last months without issue,  I found the issue more so when using the ejector sleeve that the rectus fitting it also got caked in carbon dust so I took mine off. 

We find that that they don’t last long I recone we replace them every 3-4 months , they either jam open , or closed , or only partly open allowing a restricted flow to the pole , I like them in principle but they don’t last well in day to day use , the only reason I have stuck with them is due to the hose less system nothing else will fit up the pole or cannot be released up the pole 

I have a CLX27 pole from Gardiner. I found that the EZ snap connector not only fits through the hole on the bottom of the pole - the plastic cup thing - but it also fits directly inside section 1 of the pole too - the smallest.

I've no idea if those internal diameters are the same for their other poles or if the EZ snaps will fit inside other poles but thought i'd mention it.

I have a CLX27 pole from Gardiner. I found that the EZ snap connector not only fits through the hole on the bottom of the pole - the plastic cup thing - but it also fits directly inside section 1 of the pole too - the smallest.

I've no idea if those internal diameters are the same for their other poles or if the EZ snaps will fit inside other poles but thought i'd mention it.

Yes they do we use the hoseless system and have the male fitting inside the top section of the pole and the ez snap email is in the exceed ejected sleeve, but they don’t last long very poor quality fitting 

Back