Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on a semi DIY build

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DrGonzoSnr

Hi all,

I've ordered a distribution system and then purchased two 11l di vessels. They are streamline filter plus. Also have a dual inline tds meter I'm going to use. 

Just wandered around town looking for connections for the di vessels and came away with some 1/2 " connections and garden hose but then came home and checked the tds meter and it's very small. Reading around I'm guessing it's 1/4". 

Couple of questions. Should I filter when filling up the distribution system or after? I'm thinking after but will that put strain on the pump? 

Secondly what connections do I need? My di vessels didn't come with connectors. Is there a standard size? What diameter is the tubing in gardiner poles? When I was in town I saw some connections have stops built into them or would they have only been in the larger 1/2" connects and I won't find them in the 1/4"? I think I should build in some isolation so I don't soak the van when I disconnect things to swap over the di vessels and any maintenance.

IMG_20190322_091145.jpg

Hi all,

I've ordered a distribution system and then purchased two 11l di vessels. They are streamline filter plus. Also have a dual inline tds meter I'm going to use. 

Just wandered around town looking for connections for the di vessels and came away with some 1/2 " connections and garden hose but then came home and checked the tds meter and it's very small. Reading around I'm guessing it's 1/4". 

Couple of questions. Should I filter when filling up the distribution system or after? I'm thinking after but will that put strain on the pump? 

Secondly what connections do I need? My di vessels didn't come with connectors. Is there a standard size? What diameter is the tubing in gardiner poles? When I was in town I saw some connections have stops built into them or would they have only been in the larger 1/2" connects and I won't find them in the 1/4"? I think I should build in some isolation so I don't soak the van when I disconnect things to swap over the di vessels and any maintenance.

View attachment 16058
Most Di vessels are 3/4" bsp ports.

If you are going to purify water on demand then you really need inline TDs metre fittings of 1/2". 1/4" is fine for small r/o of 450gdp and under.

Not a problem to pump water through your Di vessel. So pump, Di, hose reel and then brush

Thanks @spruce

The tds meter is connected with this push fit t connection so I should be able to find a 1/2" one with a 1/4" branch no?

Could you explain the science behind you saying the tds meter is better with a 1/2".

If the hose going to the brush is 1/4" what difference does it make? 

1553362883205288488756489892831.jpg

Thanks @spruce

The tds meter is connected with this push fit t connection so I should be able to find a 1/2" one with a 1/4" branch no?

Could you explain the science behind you saying the tds meter is better with a 1/2".

If the hose going to the brush is 1/4" what difference does it make? 

View attachment 16059
You need a different t piece. It needs to accept 1/2" hose. 1/4" hose is to small to deliver water to your brush head. It will cause a bottle neck at this point. It will restrict your water flow.

Back