Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

has anyone read and understood the lisbon treaty

simon

and can offer an unbiased summary  i've tried but it makes 30 cans of tennants super seem like a reasonable option

i don't want to get into an in or out crack  though 

In a nutshell, basically we will become the ***** of the unelected European bureaucrats, that are run by the people that have been trying for centuries to rule us. 

Never been one to protest or march but even this live and let live person will chuck my hat into the ring to save this once brave country from selling out to big business and their desire to control their costs at the expense of the working class. 

and can offer an unbiased summary  i've tried but it makes 30 cans of tennants super seem like a reasonable option

i don't want to get into an in or out crack  though 
The simplified version is that it's an agreement that legally changes the European union from a common trading area to a political union. That's why we have MEP's, laws created in Europe etc.

In the 70's they gave a vote on joining the common trading area, they never gave us a chance to vote on the Lisbon treaty. The Irish were given a chance to vote on the Lisbon treaty but rejected it a few years back, after a couple of years of media bashing they had a second referendum and voted overwhelmingly to approve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its certainly not very good for local joe public. All the masses in london yesterday, you just know we arent gonna leave the eu. They never had any intention of it, and democracy doesnt mean jack ****. What little faith I had in the processes of govt etc has almost vanished. and will not come back in a hurry. And I believe there are millions who feel the same, in a much more dire position in life than me. I hope they're ready for a serious backlash, and they wont get a drop of sympathy from me when society starts to crumble, when it was, and always has been, their own bloody doing.  :banghead3:

What amazes me is that no one laid out all the pluses and negatives for being in or out  i voted stay simply because i had no trust in the politicians saying leave  it wasn't an informed vote coz i hadn't been informed of anything having this Lisbon thing explained might of changed my mind but I'd still never trust a tory to do right by working people 

Don't you love what the remainers keep harping on about, we have to stay in the EU so we can have free trade with the EU.. Errr it actually costs 350 million a week for this so called free trade. Thats not free.....

So with this remainer Prime Minister in charge we have seen a number of car manufacturers i.e. Honda ect pulling out of the UK because were leaving the EU. But were not leaving the EU so why are they not staying??... (Because Brexit had nothing to do with it)

Same thing happened in OZ a few years back before I left there, Ford/Holden closed all of their plants and moved them to Asia..

Leaving the EU has nothing to do with companies moving their manufacturing bases, costs are why they are moving. Cheaper labour, improved supply chains with Asia.

Fair play to Trump and his attitude - i.e. BMW - you either manufacturer here in the US or you're not selling here. 

Don't you love what the remainers keep harping on about, we have to stay in the EU so we can have free trade with the EU.. Errr it actually costs 350 million a week for this so called free trade. Thats not free.....

So with this remainer Prime Minister in charge we have seen a number of car manufacturers i.e. Honda ect pulling out of the UK because were leaving the EU. But were not leaving the EU so why are they not staying??... (Because Brexit had nothing to do with it)

Same thing happened in OZ a few years back before I left there, Ford/Holden closed all of their plants and moved them to Asia..

Leaving the EU has nothing to do with companies moving their manufacturing bases, costs are why they are moving. Cheaper labour, improved supply chains with Asia.

Fair play to Trump and his attitude - i.e. BMW - you either manufacturer here in the US or you're not selling here. 
True. Also excuses keep being made by those in power, and people in general as to why we cant produce and make things for ourselves. Well the fact is, if we had to, we could. so lets do it. Trouble is, **** up and brewery springs to mind ? ?

Back