Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water from combi boiler

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

My tap water tds is 69 but when I draw hot water from my tap via the house combi boiler the reading is 150. Is that normal? The boiler is only a couple of years old, I had it put in. 

From what I understand hot water picks up more dirt from pipes, thus is generally considered more dirty than cold water from the same system.

It was a brand new system installed, but I've had the engineers out a number of times to fix the boiler. Has a seven year guarantee. Just been thinking is something disintegrating inside it.. Also I was using it for pure for really dirty jobs lined up first thing, that was until I noticed the high tds reading. Cheers mate must be dirt built up.

My tap water tds is 69 but when I draw hot water from my tap via the house combi boiler the reading is 150. Is that normal? The boiler is only a couple of years old, I had it put in. 
If you get cold pure water with a reading of 000 heat it in a sauce pan then take a reading it will now show a high reading , let it cool back to normal temperatures and it will read 000 again , someone did explain it to me something to do with the mouocoles moving fast when hot or something like that !!!

If you get cold pure water with a reading of 000 heat it in a sauce pan then take a reading it will now show a high reading , let it cool back to normal temperatures and it will read 000 again , someone did explain it to me something to do with the mouocoles moving fast when hot or something like that !!!
I wonder if that higher reading it gives impacts the resin more when it runs through the DI with hot water? 

Back