Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ply lining Fiat Doblo Maxi or Vauxhall Combo LWB

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DrGonzoSnr

As the title suggests I am currently looking to buy a 2013 fiat Doblo maxi and will want to install a plywood floor. 

Just wondering if anyone here has done this and could help steer me in the right direction as I haven't a clue

Cheers!

I wouldn't bother putting ply on the floor unless it's treated or sealed it will probably get wet and rot.

Put some rubber matting down or if you wan't to water proof it or seal the floor then speed liner or x line it.

I can wholeheartedly recommend line-x. It's just so awesome to be able to park the van on a slope, open the back doors and flood the entire floor flushing out old gunk and debris.

I'm planning on building my own system and thought it would be easier to screw things into the ply floor. I've found a mechanic to fit my water tank down but I'm thinking of holders for my di vessels and other things. How could I fix them in easily without a ply floor? 

? define a mechanic fitting  your tank if you are having a tank frame fitted then that's really good, but as above you are better off without ply lining on the floor I have only had a few spillages in the last year and when I ripped mine out last week there was black mould underneath so not great, ideally if you are buying a professionally built tank frame have a look at https://purefreedom.co.uk/product-category/tanks-and-cages/cages/  they can build a tank frame to spec and include DI vessel holders etc .

Also look at this post 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a new van 2 months ago which was ply lined started to rot already because my reel has a leak so I bought a load liner for £70 and its excellent,van floor I sealed and waterproofed then liner totally protected now.

Ive got a fiat doblo and it came with a rubber floor already fitted, ex air conditioning company had it, I just sealed all around edges.

Thanks for the pointers. Picking the van up Tuesday so will see what condition the existing floor is in and then make a plan. Only seen it in photos so far. 

Those who own the van have any of you run a cable to the car battery? I need to do this so would help hearing from someone who has done it before. 

I've run cables for my stereo systems and subwoofer in a few cars. The hard thing can be coming through the footpanel into the motor bay. Don't know the name, in Norway they call it the "torpedo-wall". It's pretty straight forward to just put it under the carpet in a car, but have not tried it in a van.

What do you need the cable to the car battery for?

I ran cables from the engine bay/battery. Mine was an earlier model 2012 and it was a while ago so apologies for the sparse info. Pretty much where the battery is, if you follow the main wiring looms they go through the bulkhead in a few bundles. I managed to squeeze my cables into an existing loom into the area behind the dash (above the glove box). Remove the glove box, passenger seat and door trims, you’ll see plenty of wiring looms to follow so I just tagged on to one of the existing ones. It gets a bit hazy when you get to the bulkhead as I think it will vary depending on which model you have. I had the SWB version with no side doors. You’ll probably end up removing the ply lining (I did) and I just followed the existing wiring looms into the back to where I wanted my split relay was going to be mounted. The only tip I can give you is don’t be afraid to get the lubricant out!! The grommets through the bulkhead were quite tight so I sprayed ptfe and used some cable rods I had to pull the cables through. It’s just one of them fiddly jobs you’ll be glad to see the back of!!!! I fitted a reverse camera, screen and parking sensors at the same time which made the trim removal a bit easier to swallow!!

I got the garage to run the cable underneath the van whilst they had it up to bolt the frame into the car.

I kept the ply in it as it makes life easier having a flat surface to work off of rather than the van floor which has raised sections. The frame can be unbolted and the ply removed/replaced if and when it does rot.

Back