Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is there a cheaper way to purify water?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We are going through a lot of resin lately. Is there any other ways to purify water that we dont know about? Maybe a daft question....
Yes especially in Ireland, you get loads of rain there, straight off the atlantic, collect it off your roof into big ibc tank etc. I dont harvest it as yet but many do.

You can set a good quality 4040 ro set up for less than £500.

i bought a twin pre filter set up from gardiner with gauges for £100 but you could buy s singe now as I use just the one filter that does both sediment and chlorine etc

then I bought a ro housing second hand for £30

axeon hf5 £220

a load of John guest fittings and pipe £60-£70

and you could run at at that but then I added a spring digi controller with filling solonoid so cuts off when tank getting full, that cost me about £70 from gardiner too

only thing I don’t have is a booster pump but I’m making 120-150 litres an hour with low pressure and producing pure at 2-3ppm so I’m happy with that.

youll save so much in resin, I was going through a bag every month using the twin Di method using mb115 with 75ppm tap water.

nos I use one Di just to polish the resin to zero and I’m still using the same 11 litre filled Di for nearly a year and half now!

i worked out using the ro for 12 months and I’d have my money back is spend on resin and now it costs me nothing until I have to buy another membrane or next resin change!

Rain water harvesters and then pump it through d.i. Vessels. Thats what we do. When theres very little rain we’re back to the outside tap though. The more rain you get the less tap water you’re using therefore the resin lasts longer. 

Back