Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem with leaded window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steam

Anyone ever had a problem with the lead on a window snagging on the brush and peeling off the window ?  What brushes are best for leaded ? Flocked ?

Most use a flocked brush but I don’t like having to change brushes for the odd house hear and there , we use stiff supream brushes with hot water and providing you go carefully rarely get a problem , always have a good look before taking on a new job like this as they can be problematic 

Yes, it happens a lot on old leaded windows and yes a flocked brush cleans best and is the kindest option for this type of glass.

Most use a flocked brush but I don’t like having to change brushes for the odd house hear and there , we use stiff supream brushes with hot water and providing you go carefully rarely get a problem , always have a good look before taking on a new job like this as they can be problematic 
Thanks pjj even being new to WFP I'm beginning to hate them already.

Yes, it happens a lot on old leaded windows and yes a flocked brush cleans best and is the kindest option for this type of glass.
Thanks tjtopcat looks like I need to get a flocked brush then.

If you find your brush is too rough and snagging lead then try moving side to side rather than up and down. Very rare I change my brush and I find it much easier just to adapt my technique for each style of window. 

If you find your brush is too rough and snagging lead then try moving side to side rather than up and down. Very rare I change my brush and I find it much easier just to adapt my technique for each style of window. 
exactly side to side or if you use a swivel have your brush at an angle, ive never  used a flocked  brush for leaded and never had a problem

Thanks cleanco , Simon great advice I will try that technique next time makes sense. 

Back