Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning

spruce

The Sprucefather
I dreamt I was cleaning windows this morning. I looked at the reflection of the sun on the glass and saw this.

Sorry lads, couldn't resist. It's our 45th wedding anniversary treat.?

IMG_20190327_103902876.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful view and a well deserved treat congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary. ?

Do check the TDs of the water before getting in though. ??

Hotel Rui on Boa Vista Cape Verde Islands. There are 2 Rui hotels on the island and this is the one in the far south. The place is absolutely beautiful and it's the best service we have ever experienced. ??

It's very quiet though so it would suit some. Saying that, there are quite a number of young quests. 

The hotel has 1154 rooms and can cater for 3000 guests. There are 2048 here ATM, 48 of whom are babies and children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotel Rui on Boa Vista Cape Verde Islands. There are 2 Rui hotels on the island and this is the one in the far south. The place is absolutely beautiful and it's the best service we have ever experienced. ??

It's very quiet though so it would suit some. Saying that, there are quite a number of young quests. 

The hotel has 1154 rooms and can cater for 3000 guests. There are 2048 here ATM, 48 of whom are babies and children.
Congratulations on reaching that milestone. Did you actually go round and count the guests including the children ? 

Congratulations Bruce, its a really nice part of the world we went to Sal some years ago lovely place and people hope you both have a great time  

congratulations bruce, hows your wife put up with you for so long?,

I've not been there but it looks so luxury-trust you with the facts and figures???

enjoy mate, you both deserve it.

you've not wearing your mankini I trust?

I dreamt I was cleaning windows this morning. I looked at the reflection of the sun on the glass and saw this.

Sorry lads, couldn't resist. It's our 45th wedding anniversary treat.?

View attachment 16073

I went to Cape Verde in January this year. We stayed at the Riu Touareg on Boa Vista. I highly recommend the quad bike tour ?It cost about €80 for a 4 hour trip. Some of the villages are a real eye opener. I felt a bit embarrassed that I was riding into these poverty stricken villages where all the locals come out hoping you spend some money knowing that you were 'rich' in their eyes. The local lager is amazing, Strella I think it's called. Not trying to put a dampener on your holiday but make sure you leave no valuables in your cases on the way home as there have been a lot of reports on Trip Advisor about cases being broken into. If you want any advice while your there @spruce let me know ie duty free shop at the airport etc. Did you have to wait a long time to get through customs? It took us over an hour in the blaring sun to get through on the way in. 

We met a couple on the plane over and we hit it off. We're going to make it a yearly trip every January.

I went to Cape Verde in January this year. We stayed at the Riu Touareg on Boa Vista. I highly recommend the quad bike tour ?It cost about €80 for a 4 hour trip. Some of the villages are a real eye opener. I felt a bit embarrassed that I was riding into these poverty stricken villages where all the locals come out hoping you spend some money knowing that you were 'rich' in their eyes. The local lager is amazing, Strella I think it's called. Not trying to put a dampener on your holiday but make sure you leave no valuables in your cases on the way home as there have been a lot of reports on Trip Advisor about cases being broken into. If you want any advice while your there @spruce let me know ie duty free shop at the airport etc. Did you have to wait a long time to get through customs? It took us over an hour in the blaring sun to get through on the way in. 

We met a couple on the plane over and we hit it off. We're going to make it a yearly trip every January.
I think it took about 1/2 an hour through customs on the island. The pain was at Manchester airport. But we got there in plenty of time.

Our tour guide did mention the poverty of the islands inhabitants. But the hotels do appear to be supporting the locals. Entertainment is done by local bands and they do employ a lot of staff. Hotel Rui also find a couple of schools.

He also mentioned that the locals are temporary workers and so regarded as having no guaranteed income. So they can't get loans to build their own house. 

They get land, put the foundation down and then buy 10 bricks a week. (Bricks = breeze blocks). When they eventually finish the bottom floor they move in and then start building the first floor 10 bricks at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back