Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing advice big job

Daniel Perkins

Premium Member
One of those threads but this one is an awkward job to price and am curious to what other would price as it is an entire shopping centre. I clean all the stores & signs in this centre as is, but management want price for exterior high glass over the shops. About 2 years worth of dirt on these on top panes. Entrance is worst part as bird muck down glass and stuck on signage that I might need to get a solvent on. 

I will be cleaning stores underneath anyways as their weekly so not pricing water or dirt coming down onto them. I am currently doing quote and have it at about 1650-1700 ex vat for 3 days work. Pics are from left to right, it's essential a wall of glass but without frames which is a bonus.

Any advice or info appreciated, cheers lads. 

20190327_120621.jpg

20190327_120557.jpg

20190327_115249.jpg

20190327_115258.jpg

20190327_115303.jpg

20190327_115306.jpg

20190327_115430.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you clean all lower glass and signage then I would think the top section would take roughly the same time, plus time for main entrance. Harder due to height but half as much glass, hot water and a 45cm flocked brush will sail through that, your shoulders will know about it though. I take it they don't want the windows done the floor above the main entrance. Being allowed to tape off large work areas will make it a lot quicker, safer and easier.

If you clean all lower glass and signage then I would think the top section would take roughly the same time, plus time for main entrance. Harder due to height but half as much glass, hot water and a 45cm flocked brush will sail through that, your shoulders will know about it though. I take it they don't want the windows done the floor above the main entrance. Being allowed to tape off large work areas will make it a lot quicker, safer and easier.
Have 45cm flocked which I love for this type of work but unfortunately not hot water (would come in handy especially for the bird muck that is caked onto the sign), I was thinking of a solvent to spray on a then leave for the bird muck. They have asked to quote a lot of other stuff that I haven't pictured, like skylights interior which short of a cherry picker/hoist I couldn't do nor do I want to do to be honest. Yeah agree about tape, I would be coming early morning over maybe 3 days, 4 hours per day ish. Nasty on the shoulders alright, have had a few jobs like that recently to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a lot of glass , on the bird muck I would spray it with a 10-1 mix of virosol , let it soak in for a bit then wfp it all off , I would be more concerned about the water building up on the ledges and running onto the glass underneath leaving track lines , we do a few car show rooms similar design and sweep the worst of the water off the ledges but this is time consuming . I don’t know how many people you will have doing this job but I think it will be difficult during the working day with people about , is coning off an area  an option ?? That’s a lot of work to do in three days and we work fast , I would estimate 5 days for two people at a guess , and lots of water ,we use hot and I wouldn’t want tk try and do all that in three days , not saying it cannot be done but I think it will be very long days . We don’t do anything as big as this in one job , price wise we would be at least double if not three times the price you are suggesting. Most people I know doing that type of work would be a minimum of 1k per day for that type of work , we used to do a lot of blocks of flats 15 years ago and could achieve that that price back then so I wouldn’t do it any cheaper , having said that it’s a nice looking building and would be good on your portfolio, hope you get the job and at a good price 

That’s a lot of glass , on the bird muck I would spray it with a 10-1 mix of virosol , let it soak in for a bit then wfp it all off , I would be more concerned about the water building up on the ledges and running onto the glass underneath leaving track lines , we do a few car show rooms similar design and sweep the worst of the water off the ledges but this is time consuming . I don’t know how many people you will have doing this job but I think it will be difficult during the working day with people about , is coning off an area  an option ?? That’s a lot of work to do in three days and we work fast , I would estimate 5 days for two people at a guess , and lots of water ,we use hot and I wouldn’t want tk try and do all that in three days , not saying it cannot be done but I think it will be very long days . We don’t do anything as big as this in one job , price wise we would be at least double if not three times the price you are suggesting. Most people I know doing that type of work would be a minimum of 1k per day for that type of work , we used to do a lot of blocks of flats 15 years ago and could achieve that that price back then so I wouldn’t do it any cheaper , having said that it’s a nice looking building and would be good on your portfolio, hope you get the job and at a good price 
Cheers for the reply, I would be there at 4am so I would have about 4 or 5 hours before people start arriving. The price is a difficult one alright, i'm going to look at it tomorrow again but I currently have it at 1900 plus VAT... I price on difficulty and not time but whether or not it gets done in the 3 days remains to be seen. I can always comeback on the 4th day to finish. To be honest i'm trying to fit it into a very busy schedule as is. Whatever way you swing it I suppose it's a tough job.. the bird muck I think you are right soak it in chem and let it work it's way through. I'll finish up the quotation tomorrow, we'll see if he goes for it or uses it against other quotes.

Back