Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dripping pump any advice?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JOE40

I got a shurflo pump in my van and like alot of set ups the pipes from the van run underneath to some outlets underneath the back bumper. The pump works fine apart from it doesn't stop dripping sometimes heavily.  Does anyone know how to stop this? at the moment I've got blue tack stuck into the tap to try and stop it lol but it doesn't really . Any advice would be great. Thanks 

You could fit a stop connector on your van port. You will find the drip is 'worse' on some pumps and not on others. We find the fuller the tank the more the drip.

Inside the pump you have a non return valve. It consists of a tiny plate and hair spring. It allows water to flow one way or not the other when the pump is operating. The pressure of gravity (head of water) is enough to push that plate of its seat - hence the annoying drip.

We don't have stop connectors on our van ports. We have tap connectors. When we are finished we use 2 hozelock hose connectors filled with silicone to stop the drip.

Personaly wouldn’t worry about an external drip , it is probably draining by gravity from the pump , a tap in that hose would stop it but don’t see that it’s really a problem 

Latest Posts

Back