Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using a Air pole to clean moss off roofs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Mark, brilliant idea of the air pole.  I had mentioned using an air compressor for cleaning narrow gutters one time as think it would be useful putting an airline on the gutter vac head, but this is a great idea. The worry would be using to much power on old flaky tiles that could be blasted off.

do you mind telling me what kind of air compressor power you are using?  I used to be an air compressor engineer, but only reconditioned the valves that are inside massive industrial machines.  

An idea I had was to make a bi pod with wheels that move like caster wheels so you could reduce the strain that attaches to the pole.

It looks fairly controlled, as you can see it lifting the moss, but requires a blow to cascade it down.  There will be some mess getting blown around, but obviously do some kind of damage limitation. Large sheets put down.

Great method Mark. What equipment do you use to do that?

It looks fairly controlled, as you can see it lifting the moss, but requires a blow to cascade it down.  There will be some mess getting blown around, but obviously do some kind of damage limitation. Large sheets put down.
Just gutter vac and brush I would of thought would do it. Tell people to move their cars, take inside outdoor furniture ect... Not much difference to pressure washing. Pre warn neighbours.

Went to an air compressor company today, they advised hiring a petrol driven compressor to get the flow.  The guy showed me quite a big machine that was around £2k , about 6ft long n 4ft high roughly, said it might do, but better with petrol driven,trailer style. 

It looks ok in that video but there is hardly any moss on it would it remove this ???

if it would I would consider getting one , we scraped this roof took me two hours on my own with the boy cleaning up the mess 

292C921B-1214-42DC-ABE1-2FB6D5A01A8F.jpeg

45872187-1D35-48D5-B2BE-8908C5AD2CB3.jpeg

E4B40184-8D15-45A3-AF87-33C813D7BEBA.jpeg

@Pjj you're doing it all wrong, next time get the boy to scrape and you tidy up. Tell him it's good experience ?

Lol ?? we would still be there if I did it that way , he’s only filling in for one of my guys whose on holiday this week , he is very keen and wants a full-time job with me but I have all the staff I need at the moment , he’s struggling to keep his arms up with the pole at the moment dear of him it was only an slx 25 as well ???

Latest Posts

Back