Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

List of things for starting up WFP

Liam562

Hi I am new on the forum

what do you require for a full working WFP system?

the pole, water tank in my van,

do I need a pump in between the two? What else do I need?

Inc vat:

pump £75-90ish

controller £60-90ish

battery-£50-£75

Tank- mine was £444 for 500L tank & steel frame.

hose reel & hose- cheap one £80ish expensive one £150-£200ish

I got my reel from GrippaTank. Pump & controller form Gardiner pole systems. 

Hi I am new on the forum

what do you require for a full working WFP system?

the pole, water tank in my van,

do I need a pump in between the two? What else do I need?
I suggest that you take lots of notes and study all the previous replies within the forum and use the search bar. 

The question gets asked all the time and watch youtube videos and you'll learn how it all works 

? He joined in March 2019 and last visited in Sept 2019. I wonder how he is doing?

Should we each send him a personal message and ask him? That way he will get an email advising of our interest in his well-being.
I wouldn’t waist my time spruce if he cannot be bothered to come on hear he’s not very serious about the job , probably stacking shelves in Lidl ??????

I wouldn’t waist my time spruce if he cannot be bothered to come on hear he’s not very serious about the job , probably stacking shelves in Lidl ??????
His first post indicated to me that he hadn't done a scrap of research on how the system worked. I agree; I very much doubt he became a window cleaner tbh.

This thread reminded me of a couple of experiences I had in the motor trade. Back in 1976 I worked in the parts dept of a Chevrolet dealership in Greytown; a village in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. We employed a young 16 year old apprentice whose father owned a couple of 1954 Pontiacs which he had painstakingly restored to showroom condition. That apprentice was so clued up that he did a full engine service and tune-up including brakes on his first morning with minimal supervision. Back then a tune-up included replacing points and condenser and retiming the ignition spark. He had to work as an apprentice for the next 2 years before he could take his driving licence so he could test drive the car he was working on. ?

Back in 2003 we employed a young apprentice in our local Citroën dealership's workshop. This guy hadn't a mechanical clue. He had no idea how to open the bonnet of the first car he was assigned to, a Citroen Picasso. He had no idea which way to loosen and/or tighten a bolt. He lasted 2 weeks; went off to lunch and we never saw him again.

The o/p reminded me of the second apprentice. He wanted to become a motor mechanic, but showed no effort or desire to learn the basics before applying for the job. Surely at some point in his young life, he must have at least seen or experienced someone open the bonnet (or is it hood) of a car he was in or around.

It didn't say much for our workshop managers ability to interview and choose the right staff either. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back