Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Custom made tanks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Does anyone know of a firm that can custom make water tanks ? Stephen scargill seams to have gone out of buisness, Ime after something like the black welded ionic tanks , any recommendations .

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephen Scargill is back in the game by all accounts. He posted on FB the other day to say he was back doing tanks etc.

D30729D3-A96C-4ADC-9171-295FA959653E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately going off what people have said in the past across FB and forums, he has a chequered history off dropping off the radar and the post above confirms this, if you are running a business you don't close up shop and then restart again the issues I am highlighting have been going on for well over 2 years. 

The issue with these tanks is the weld quality. Often enough not up to scratch with the abuse given. The best I have seen but these are several years old and going strong we’re made by the original founder of Facelift. They were very well made.

Unfortunately going off what people have said in the past across FB and forums, he has a chequered history off dropping off the radar and the post above confirms this, if you are running a business you don't close up shop and then restart again the issues I am highlighting have been going on for well over 2 years. 

Ive never used Stephen Scargill I just noticed he’d popped up again. But I fully agree with what you are saying if you are buying a tank/system you would like to think the company are still going to be around in the next year or two. 

Who ever is building the frames find out what certs/level they hold/have for welding and ask the question is that competent person actually completing the welding or is a trainee/trades assistant having a go. 

Thanks for all your replies guys , Ime going to be building my own softwashing system and hoping to use an ionics stainless steel frame and either use the existing tank or modified the original tank ,or have a custom made tank to fit the frame with all the bits I want made into it . 

I belive Stephen scargill used to work for ionics ?? 

Thanks for all your replies guys , Ime going to be building my own softwashing system and hoping to use an ionics stainless steel frame and either use the existing tank or modified the original tank ,or have a custom made tank to fit the frame with all the bits I want made into it . 

I belive Stephen scargill used to work for ionics ?? 
Yes Scargill did work for Ionics 

I have a custom made tank from steve scargill and, in all fairness its well made and more than suits my needs both now and in the future, pjj  have a chat with ben marriot as both ben and steve are good mates i'm sure between the three of you a good stystem can be put together

I have a custom made tank from steve scargill and, in all fairness its well made and more than suits my needs both now and in the future, pjj  have a chat with ben marriot as both ben and steve are good mates i'm sure between the three of you a good stystem can be put together

Ok thanks for that , I buy a bit of stuff of Ben , i was looking at his softwashing pumps only last night , I will be giving him a call once I have got a tank sorted , Ime hoping to get a ionics frame and get a new tank fabricated to suite my need , thanks for your input 

I don't think  he stopped trading, he merged with one of the larger equipment suppliers building exclusively for them.his tank  building quality is supposed to be second to none. 

Hi Kevin Ime intrested in what tank you had made and costing, I have tried ringing Steve scargill not got hold of him yet , I hopefully have secured a frame just need to get a custom made tank done , if you don’t want to put prices hear can you pm me if you are happy to disclose what you had done thanks 

Back