johnny bravo

back pain starting to creep in

dazmond

fixed electric reel in your van,100m of 6mm hose,xtreme poles and brushes,rinse on the glass for most upper windows

strength training and a bit of cardio in the gym 3 times a week,good high protein diet,stretching/yoga every day even if its only 5 mins worth

5 or 6 hours "on the glass" a day (max) 4 or 5 days a week

spread add on jobs like conny roofs,f/s/g jobs throughout the week,dont try and do more than one or two a day....

i very rarely have any problems and im 47 and been window cleaning 26 years(9 years WFP).....the odd ache and pain but nothing that doesnt go away after a couple of days...

Haven’t had rsi since converting to electric reel (under £30) I had it before

CHWS
On 05/04/2019 at 06:43, Iron Giant said:

Are you lifting your reel in and out of the van? I had this last year which assumed was tennis elbow I bought a support of Amazon and it did the trick over a period of weeks and I've had no bother for months now  

No mate I’ve electric reels. I’m starting to think it could be from doing awkward windows over conservatories. I think I’ll try one of them support things as it’s not getting any better 

Iron Giant
40 minutes ago, CHWS said:

No mate I’ve electric reels. I’m starting to think it could be from doing awkward windows over conservatories. I think I’ll try one of them support things as it’s not getting any better 

I got this one ionocore® Elbow Support Brace - Golf & Tennis Elbow Arm Strap and it really helped feels a bit weird but it presses on the tendons and or muscle. 

Den
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

I got this one ionocore® Elbow Support Brace - Golf & Tennis Elbow Arm Strap and it really helped feels a bit weird but it presses on the tendons and or muscle. 

I gaffer taped a slither of pipe lagging on my extreme so I don’t grip the pole to tight as gripping tightly is a major cause for tennis elbow hand arthritis the doctor told me. 

Iron Giant

Is that what's also referred to as w--kers cramp caused by gripping the pole to tightly 🤣

Iron Giant
On 31/03/2019 at 16:26, Iron Giant said:

I started getting muscle spasms around 8 weeks ago and they floored me which sounds  a little similar to you, but I was unable to work and couldn't risk driving at all in case they kicked off as the pain is so bad I can't move once they start, I am now on muscle relaxants and have been for 3 weeks got an MRI scan next week to check on my spine, I had to have @THL4KEL rescue me to get gear in the van he even got my prescription later that day.

Just a little update I had my MRI on Saturday the guy said I would probably get a call from my GP in around 7-10 days I got a phone call today saying I have wear on one of my discs and it's inflamed so I am in for blood tests tomorrow and will have to see a consultant at the hospital in the coming weeks as the GP is concerned 😞 So my message is if you are having issues which aren't getting better and you are just manning up and getting on with it don't, get yourself to the GP and if your not happy which I wasn't with two GP's decisions I pushed for the MRI "then do so"

Incheck
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

Just a little update I had my MRI on Saturday the guy said I would probably get a call from my GP in around 7-10 days I got a phone call today saying I have wear on one of my discs and it's inflamed so I am in for blood tests tomorrow and will have to see a consultant at the hospital in the coming weeks as the GP is concerned 😞 So my message is if you are having issues which aren't getting better and you are just manning up and getting on with it don't, get yourself to the GP and if your not happy which I wasn't with two GP's decisions I pushed for the MRI "then do so"

Sounds bad man, the worst things happen to the people who least deserve it 👎

Davy G

That's a tough doing, I G. I hope it all improves greatly for you. I'm a believer in pacing myself, proper rest, stretching and a good soak in a hot bath. 

Thanks for the advice about getting checked out if we need to. Good luck to you. 

Incheck
4 minutes ago, Davy G said:

That's a tough doing, I G. I hope it all improves greatly for you. I'm a believer in pacing myself, proper rest, stretching and a good soak in a hot bath. 

Thanks for the advice about getting checked out if we need to. Good luck to you. 

Aye. The biggest thing i’ve been neglecting is eating. Need calories in this game and a fair amout of em too. I’ve been skipping breakfast and dinner on a regular basis for years and eating big in the evenings. Need to eat more in the days.

hot bath now for the win

Davy G

That's very true. But more importantly than eating big is to eat well. As close to the hunter / forager /Mediterranean diet as sensibly possible, I reckon. 🙂

Iron Giant

Thanks, lads, I am an optimistic person and believe in staying positive only time will tell but making small changes I know will help, having the reel in the van now has definitely helped this week and in the last 5 weeks things have been good compared to recent months, my issues started back in November and I just cracked on despite struggling some days.

4 minutes ago, Davy G said:

That's very true. But more importantly than eating big is to eat well. As close to the hunter / forager /Mediterranean diet as sensibly possible, I reckon. 🙂

Nee chance in my house my wife is a vegan and the cook 

Davy G

Yeah, I don't eat much meat either, nor fruit really. Veg is my thing as chunky as possible. 

Iron Giant
1 hour ago, Davy G said:

Yeah, I don't eat much meat either, nor fruit really. Veg is my thing as chunky as possible. 

Veg every day in my house 😫😅

THL4KEL
6 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Veg every day in my house 😫😅

If your not eating meat you need to get protein from another source. 

Davy G
17 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Yeah, I've known a vegetarian who got quite ill from undernourishment. She was only in her twenties and she wasn't underweight either. 

THL4KEL

Because our work is physically demanding, we need more calories and more protein to repair the damaged muscle tissue.

Iron Giant
8 hours ago, Davy G said:

Yeah, I've known a vegetarian who got quite ill from undernourishment. She was only in her twenties and she wasn't underweight either. 

Been a Vegan is on a whole different level, my wife is a top cook does a lot of research and we have a good varied diet. 

9 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

I am not going to have to get one of those big tubs of protein powder am I 

Iron Giant

Raw eggs like Rocky Balboa 🤣 I will have to look at the best protein sources in terms of highest sources Soya milk only has 7% soya, not sure if certain sources will tell me just how protein is per grams. 

Part Timer
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Raw eggs like Rocky Balboa 🤣 I will have to look at the best protein sources in terms of highest sources Soya milk only has 7% soya, not sure if certain sources will tell me just how protein is per grams. 

With all this protein and building muscle you might need to change your name to Steel Giant 🤔😱

Edited by Part Timer

Iron Giant
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

With all this protein and building muscle you might need to change your name to Steel Giant 🤔😱

Nee chance of building muscle unless I need to, anything natural I can do to avoid surgery and months off work I will have to do, only time will tell. 

Den
On 06/04/2019 at 12:54, Iron Giant said:

Are you still using this elbow support as I have been reading conflicting stories on the internet some for and some against using a brace? 

Im thinking of ordering one myself as I’m suffering with tennis elbow also. 

Iron Giant
12 minutes ago, Den said:

Are you still using this elbow support as I have been reading conflicting stories on the internet some for and some against using a brace? 

Im thinking of ordering one myself as I’m suffering with tennis elbow also. 

After around 6 weeks of wearing it on a daily basis for work I have had no issues since 

Den
13 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

After around 6 weeks of wearing it on a daily basis for work I have had no issues since 

Just ordered one. 

Did you use only for work ? 

Iron Giant
9 hours ago, Den said:

Just ordered one. 

Did you use only for work ? 

Bad memory so can't remember 😀 I might have worn it over the weekend if you are working in the garden or intend to lift anything it's best to wear it, I would think the more you wear it the sooner you will recover