Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascia soffit and gutter cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Walth93

I'm solo after setting up a business for fascia soffit and gutter cleaning I have a few questions wondering this business 

What is the best pole water system to be fitted in the back of my van and what essential heads what you recommend?

Is there sololy enough work to just be specific in fascia and soffit and gutter cleaning to facilitate a full time job over time? 

Ive got 20 years experience in fitting facias soffits and guttering just getting hard work now so wanting to change my business.

Also what's the best hovers use for gutters or is it better to manually do all these things via ladders etc. 

Any other things you can think that may help me would be helpful thank you 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having a problem getting my end in the tight gutters because of the tiles overhang. So last week I took 2 big mash hammers to the aluminum end and flattened it out. Perfect, no more getting frustrated, should have done it from the start.

I'm solo after setting up a business for fascia soffit and gutter cleaning I have a few questions wondering this business 

What is the best pole water system to be fitted in the back of my van and what essential heads what you recommend?

Is there sololy enough work to just be specific in fascia and soffit and gutter cleaning to facilitate a full time job over time? 

Ive got 20 years experience in fitting facias soffits and guttering just getting hard work now so wanting to change my business.

Also what's the best hovers use for gutters or is it better to manually do all these things via ladders etc. 

Any other things you can think that may help me would be helpful thank you 

Just some random thoughts:

1. I'm sure there is a company near me who only do fsg cleaning and they are busy, but that must have taken a time to build up, so I would also offer window cleaning to get extra money coming in. 

2. Do a leaflet drop offering (only) fsg cleans and get 5,000 put out at a time. There are 1000,s of window cleaners but far fewer fsg cleaners, so it's a bit of a niche market.

3. Contact ALL your local window cleaners. Last year I was very busy and couldn't be bothered (or wanted to do) fsg cleans. A mate of mine is starting up so I gave him every fsg clean I had. I could trust him not to 'steal' the window clean and it worked very well. Many window cleaners (especially if they are busy) would sub out the fsg to a cleaner they could TRUST not to steal the window cleaning business. 

4. Walk down the street and knock on doors (it's easy to see which ones need doing). Offer your service, you'll be busy.

5. If you want to clean windows, start with a Gardiners backpack, CLX 22 pole 10 x 25l barrels and find a window cleaner near you who sells 'pure water'.

6. Best guttervac imo is not cheap but comes from 'grippavac' with the 'side entry' port. 

7. I get a lot of calls from customers who want their gutters cleaned because they are leaking!!! Cleaning is a waste of time, but if you are prepared to FIX the gutter leaks, then I think you could make a mint.

Good luck. 

I don’t think there is a market for it all year , we do do this type of work all year but from October - February if you need to earn a decent wage each week I think it would be hard . We have been going 20 years and do hundreds of gfs cleans per year but mai ly March to September, they are add ons to us not a main job , I had been thinking if it were possible to just do this type of work if you are semi retired or don’t need a set income then it would probably be ok , but you need to be established, a gutter vac isn’t the answer to every gutter clearance tiles can be very close to the gutters some we have struggled to get a finger in , so get yourself a decent camera for  surveys so you can see what you are dealing with , I dropped a few clangers  like this when I started doing theses jobs but you soon learn from your mistakes . 

If you are going to do this full time get a genie for your vac as some jobs the customers won’t be in and will forget to leave an extension lead out , with the genie you are self sufficient.

good vacs are : sky vac industrial: Grippatank , avoid the cheapies that are modified house vacs don’t want to mention the company name on hear but there is one company in particular that sells utter rubbish ,if you intend doing this for a living buy good kit . 

I think your switching hard work for even harder work. You will need to clean windows as well. 

Good pole - Gardiner SLX 27

Good brush - Gardiner Universal 

Water pole system - Google- Pure Freedom look at their systems

A good vac package - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352242540913

Good luck.

This is what I use. I also use the gardenier backpack which has a pump. I find it very difficult to clean fascia and soffits especially when you have a conservatory to get over. Its not like window cleaning where its a up and down motion, it tends to be side to side motion which makes it very difficult to control when you are at full length.   

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's got the power but wouldn't want ali poles.....I have carbon poles and won't use more than 4.....did 5 once and never again....I tend to go for standard semis as you can usually do them with 3.

Will domestic electrics do 3600 watts?...thought maximum was 3000w.

I use 3600watts on customers household supply. Just dont start all three motors at same time, stagger start up. Tell customer not to hoover or have a washing machine on either while your there..

Never really had a problem.

Latest Posts

Back