Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to price up a Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ethan Hunte

Hi guys

I've just started WFP window cleaning. I have one Primary school in particular that I'm struggling to price up. 

Ita all ground floor with 30+ windows. Also has a few double doors. Most windows are fairly large and the school hasn't been professionally cleaned in over a year so there will be quite alot of dirt.

Any ideas of how I could come up with a figure. 

Thanks

I'd quote £150+vat. Carefull if the windows have metal frames if they have I'd do them by hand. If there plastic frames clean all the frames 1st then the glass.

I'd quote £150+vat. Carefull if the windows have metal frames if they have I'd do them by hand. If there plastic frames clean all the frames 1st then the glass.
Thanks for that, seems a fair price. 

I'm quite sure they have plastic frames but I'll bring some traditional Just in case. 

Break it up into the number of windows you do in a house ,work out how many houses it is and you should know roughly how long it will take , always over estimate to cover yourself , if it’s a one off clean then you need to be charging at least double your normal price to cover the extra time and water , or it’s not worth doing , we do a couple of schools 4 times a year in the holiday nice little jobs as a rule of thumb schools can authorise up to £1000 without having to get the go ahead from higher authority, or at least they do where I am found this out after getting the jobs !! Some on hear probably won’t agree but we charge a lot more for doing commercial work than domestic to , generaly not had a problem getting this either 

Break it up into the number of windows you do in a house ,work out how many houses it is and you should know roughly how long it will take , always over estimate to cover yourself , if it’s a one off clean then you need to be charging at least double your normal price to cover the extra time and water , or it’s not worth doing , we do a couple of schools 4 times a year in the holiday nice little jobs as a rule of thumb schools can authorise up to £1000 without having to get the go ahead from higher authority, or at least they do where I am found this out after getting the jobs !! Some on hear probably won’t agree but we charge a lot more for doing commercial work than domestic to , generaly not had a problem getting this either 
Brilliant sounds good.

I think it will be a termly clean so I won't charge really high but I will still charge a fair bit as it will take me a while. 

Appreciate your help. 

In the Fire Service it was anything under 5 grand and the head can authorize it. Its the same with the church so I think all public service is up to 5 grand now.

This depends if they're academies or not. If they've been made into an academy then the government run the school and accountants make all the decisions. They reckon teachers can't buy a pencil without running it through them first.

Back