Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Payment via website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wezza13

Hi all,

I have a basic Wordpress website that doesn't rank on Google but it does the job as a front-end for people to check my business out. I get a lot of enquiries via the contact form on the site.

I want to put a way of paying on the site, so that my customers can visit my site and pay me through that.

How do you all do it? 

I'm set up with GoCardless and iZettle but, from what I saw, they seem to be expensive options to add. 

Are there any other ways that are easy to add to a Wordpress website?

Cheers,

Wez

As far as I know GC is free to add to your site and I have had a GC widget on my site for years and never paid for it so not sure were you got expensive from if it's not something you are able to do yourself then speak to @Gav as he builds, maintains and hosts sites so could possibly add it for you as I know he has on sites he has built. 

It's easy enough to add to WordPess. Drop me a private message and will give you a hand it you like. 

As far as I know GC is free to add to your site and I have had a GC widget on my site for years and never paid for it so not sure were you got expensive from if it's not something you are able to do yourself then speak to @Gav as he builds, maintains and hosts sites so could possibly add it for you as I know he has on sites he has built. 

Thanks for the info. The GC one just allows customers to sign up to GoCardless and not pay one off, is that right? I use Squeegee to set up my GC customers normally, which I think does the same thing as the GC widget would do on the website?

Bank transfer or PayPal perhaps?

PayPal could be a thing? I'll look into it, thanks.

It's easy enough to add to WordPess. Drop me a private message and will give you a hand it you like. 

Thank you Gav, I'll be on the PC tonight, so will give you a shout. Thanks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. The GC one just allows customers to sign up to GoCardless and not pay one off, is that right? I use Squeegee to set up my GC customers normally, which I think does the same thing as the GC widget would do on the website

Ah yes as far as I am aware that is how go careless works. You add a bit of code to your site and then people can click a button and sign-up to go careless.  

For one off payment you would probably need to look at PayPal or something. 

@wezza13 yes the GC widget allows new and old customers to sign up to pay via GC for regular payments this for me has worked very well as I have had a dedicated payments page on my site for over 4 years now which has a good amount of info about how it works and links to GC etc, as for one-off payments PayPal can be pricey and if you put it on your website alongside a GC widget some new jobs might choose not to sign up GC if they have 2 options, as for one-off jobs, it could be either cash payment or bacs as there is no charge for either but I would just offer whatever option on the day even if it is PayPal 

@wezza13 yes the GC widget allows new and old customers to sign up to pay via GC for regular payments this for me has worked very well as I have had a dedicated payments page on my site for over 4 years now which has a good amount of info about how it works and links to GC etc, as for one-off payments PayPal can be pricey and if you put it on your website alongside a GC widget some new jobs might choose not to sign up GC if they have 2 options, as for one-off jobs, it could be either cash payment or bacs as there is no charge for either but I would just offer whatever option on the day even if it is PayPal 

If you also want to add card payment options you can do this via Stripe. There are stripe payment plugins that are easy enough to add.

Yeah and their fees are a little better than PayPal.

This sounds like the sort of thing that I'm looking for. Will check Stripe out this evening. 

That's good that I can take payments over the phone too, that's a real bonus in our industry.

Cheers.

Aye! That's what attracted me to using it. They also have a virtual dashboard which allows you to take remote payments over the phone.

Is it simple enough to setup? It looks like I may have to add a load of code to my website? Never done anything like that before, so may be tricky.

Is it simple enough to setup? It looks like I may have to add a load of code to my website? Never done anything like that before, so may be tricky.
It's easy enough. If you know how to build a wordpress website you'll find easy explainer videos on YouTube. I couldn't add it again without looking at a video but it is literally just a plug in that you add a developer key to.

If you get set up on stripe I am happy to get the code or plugin added for you.

Back