Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner rinse bar

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

Just about to order a ultimate DuPont hybrid brush with a over head rinse bar. Has any one used either. I'm currently using 50 degree fan jets and find these great. My only issue of the rinse bar is that when cleaning close to top frames the rinse bar would spray water on the brick work. Any recommendations for a general use brush from Gardiner I think I've used nearly  all the brushes and allways go back to a sill brush as stops the brush scratching the sill and cleans the sills better in my opinion. Just after some reccomadations

Just about to order a ultimate DuPont hybrid brush with a over head rinse bar. Has any one used either. I'm currently using 50 degree fan jets and find these great. My only issue of the rinse bar is that when cleaning close to top frames the rinse bar would spray water on the brick work. Any recommendations for a general use brush from Gardiner I think I've used nearly  all the brushes and allways go back to a sill brush as stops the brush scratching the sill and cleans the sills better in my opinion. Just after some reccomadations

Ive fitted a microjet rinse bar to a Ultimate medium (yellow outer bristles) brush with a swivel. I've left the 2 pencil jets in place and can swap between the rinse bar and the jets.

Generally I quite like the rinse bar but do find that it does run up along the top frame as it protrudes above the brush obviously. I still haven't got used to that. I'm still not overly sold on the swivel. I keep thinking I should try the brush vertical when cleaning the top frame but habits are hard to break.

I've 'damaged' one of the outer jets so the spray is going in a different direction. I'm sure a pin or needle in the hole will rectify that.

Not used the Gardiner ones but have tried x lines the one on top of the brush hits the lintel above the window , the one in the centre of the brush catches on the sills , not a lover of them personally think pencil jets are the best way of applying water to the window 

I think personally if your not using a swivel on your brush then your missing out coudlnt be without a swivel now been using one for years now and it makes a massive difference. Yeah I think I'm gonna give the rinse bar a miss then. The only rinse bar I like the look of it the ionic one as it's actually inside the brush head. I have my flow rate on high and use 50 degree jets and never have a problem with rinsing. I just like trying new things to see if they make my working day easier. Garndners need to hurry up and bring out a DuPont sill brush. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Gardiners low pressure rinse bar with a swivel and a universal brush and think it’s brilliant. I just worked on my technique and now have sped my work up by probably 30%. 

Ive fitted a microjet rinse bar to a Ultimate medium (yellow outer bristles) brush with a swivel. I've left the 2 pencil jets in place and can swap between the rinse bar and the jets.

Generally I quite like the rinse bar but do find that it does run up along the top frame as it protrudes above the brush obviously. I still haven't got used to that. I'm still not overly sold on the swivel. I keep thinking I should try the brush vertical when cleaning the top frame but habits are hard to break.

I've 'damaged' one of the outer jets so the spray is going in a different direction. I'm sure a pin or needle in the hole will rectify that.
I find a thick needle pushed in and wiggled does the job.

It is hard to get used but is very beneficial when you do, you can either turn the brush sideways to do the top frame or a "tilt" will often do it. I have been pinching my hose lately as my univalve is old and useless. You can simply pinch your hose and agitate the top frame with the flow off, then bring the brush down the glass (a few inches below the top frame to avoid the pressure build-up) and then rinse the top frame afterwards. Its much easier like that.

I find going slower does a better rinse, I also like to rinse with downstrokes on narrow panes or if the pane is a few brush widths then I will rinse with a downstroke and then when at the bottom of the pane I will move the brush over a width before going back up, I do this to avoid bringing dirt back up.

I find the ultimate medium too soft and easy to splay, which is not good for the rinse bar. I have modded an x-line dupont, I cut down the bristles and removed the top row of bristles. It was only 209 grammes before, it's much lighter now. Very aggressive and doesn't interfere with the rinse at all. I love it!

You do need to set the rinse so the rinse goes above the bristle even when splayed, or it does leave spots throughout the pane. You need a light and aggressive brush, the more agility the better.

You'll be saving on your most valuable resources, time, water, energy.

Mine's set as low as it will go and never had a problem....get the odd jet going astray now and again bit bit of fuse wire usually does the trick.

20190326_153753.jpg

20190326_153510.jpg

Back