Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi all and a quick question.

Seymour Clearly

Hi all, just getting back into window cleaning. Not looking to make a fortune but just enough to get by.

Based in Somerset and have got some customers through Facebook and word of mouth. However I have a few windows that I find hard to do from a ladder - I do trad work - so have bought a backpack and I have a pole. Won't be using much pure water  but rather than buy from eBay is there anywhere in the the South Somerset area that anyone knows of that can supply at a cheaper rate?

Crikey £28.95  for 25 litres someone is making a good money Somerset is a big place but there is Spotless Water in Bristol and its pence per litre or someone on here might be able to help you out and sell you some 

That is a lot of money for water. Found a seller that will do 50l for that delivered. However, I reckon that even though it is about an hour drive away I will go to spotless water in Bristol and fill up four or so 25l containers. This should do me a fair time as I only have a few windows that require a pole. Namely a couple above some fragile roofs and I am now too old to be climbing on roofs!

That is a lot of money for water. Found a seller that will do 50l for that delivered. However, I reckon that even though it is about an hour drive away I will go to spotless water in Bristol and fill up four or so 25l containers. This should do me a fair time as I only have a few windows that require a pole. Namely a couple above some fragile roofs and I am now too old to be climbing on roofs!
If you don't use much water, you could just get a resin chamber and a bag of resin. Just connect it to your outdoor tap, pure water comes out the other end. It'd have a relatively high running cost if you were using thousands of litres but if you only need a bit it'd work out pretty cheap and you can produce it on demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of not using much water.... I was cleaning a house yesterday and this old VW camper van turns up next door. I'd dumped the house about a year ago because of poor excuses cancelling. I overheard the bloke in the VW say that he thought he was to due today. The woman must have said ok. I sat in my van having a nose and trying to work out what the bloke was there for, at first I thought he was there to mend something for her. Then he grabs a WFP and a short length of hose pipe with hozelock connectors from the van. I'm sat there all confused. I'm thinking where is his tank or backpack? I decide to drive off and I clock a resin vessel in the back of his van. I figured he must go round hooking his vessel up to outside taps and purify on demand. A bit of an odd set up, but a way of working I suppose.

If people are selling 25L of pure water for £20+ quid I'm in the wrong business lol 

on that note anyone want to buy some 000 water?? hit me up only £15 per 25L ?

I live in Meare, North of Glastonbury. I have a static system and more than happy to sell some 000 water. Cheers, Dan 

Back