Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless attempt

CMcB

Just converted pole to tubeless. Everytime I extend the pole the fitting hits the side disconnects, am I missing something? 

I've attached a photo

20190406_172404.jpg

The male fitting should be inside the pole and released with the ejected sleeve , like this , what you have done will work but unless you are very careful when extending the first section it will disconnect 

0EF464FF-4792-4D23-8F32-67800C44C1BC.jpeg

6244E309-C1BF-433F-BA12-5A918EEA9194.jpeg

@pjj is that the exceed set up your using ? If so how do you get on with it and are there any problems ? Thanks

Yes it is , I have now made up my own kits from sourcing bits and pieces , as far as Ime concerned it’s the best thing since sliced bread , so much quicker, no more pole hose hanging everywhere in the van , we have about 6 poles in each van and pole hose getting tangled up was a major problem , my recommendation would be buy and exceed kit , then if you are competent with a bit of diy make your own kit , just buy the ejector sleeve from exceed. some poles are more difficult to convert as the top section of the pole is sometimes shorter you cannot connect straight on to it . The Gardiner ultimate is one such pole I have done a conversation for it but you do have to have a tail of hose out of the bottom of the pole like the op has done , Gardiner extream poles , and slx,clx are all easy to do 

Just converted pole to tubeless. Everytime I extend the pole the fitting hits the side disconnects, am I missing something? 

I've attached a photo
That is pretty much the same as i've done. I had the same issue with it hitting the side so I bought 10m of PU hose;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hoses/pole-hose/green-flexible-pu-pole-hose-5-5mm-id-x-8mm-od.html

Works a treat, doesn't really catch when extending anymore.

@Pjj's set up is top notch but I can't personally work out how i'd get the male connection inside the pole to hold firm and plug in ?‍♂️

That is pretty much the same as i've done. I had the same issue with it hitting the side so I bought 10m of PU hose;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hoses/pole-hose/green-flexible-pu-pole-hose-5-5mm-id-x-8mm-od.html

@Pjj's set up is top notch but I can't personally work out how i'd get the male connection inside the pole to hold firm and plug in ?‍♂️

Hopefully the pictures will be self explanatory,I think it’s easier to show you how I’ve done it than try and write it , any questions just ask 

CACD6E41-4B1D-4046-AB51-B4532B1F8822.jpeg

26B50A0F-5187-4FDE-91B1-1240B50BE1B5.jpeg

https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/tubeless-upgrades/pole-bung/

or buy the kit, then you’ll figure it all out

all you need is the bung and ejector

I have a few hoseless setups just like yours @CMcB. You need to drill out an oversized hole in the the pole endcap. Then when you extend it you have to be a bit careful when the connector moves past the endcap as well as the bottom of the first pole section so it doesn't snag. A bit of tape around the dog ear clamp also helps with smoother entry.

I 3d printed the bung for the one pole I've done it to without trailing hose. It's a better solution as you only need one hand to connect.

I imagine I have some grommets in the garage that would fit. Perhaps my issue is I don't use the double ear o ring, just the single ear one that Gardiner's sell. I am assuming that catches on your bung and stops it going up the pole.

Is this not just the same thing rebranded?

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/facelift-phoenix-flite-connector.html

It does look very similar , two ear clamps work well just use the cheap steel ones for it rather than stainless as if you need to cut them off stainless is much harder to cut 

I sometimes use extension six On my Slx  22, So hoseless system wouldn’t work for me would  it?
Yes it could, and there are a few options I can think of and have tried.

Like in the first post here, you need a trailing hose end (and thus not a "true" hoseless setup) which is long enough to accommodate for the extensions. I've used this method for a few years.

I suppose you could make a little hose length with connectors on and add it to the pole before you add the extensions, but that does add two more potential failure points.

If you use the extensions very rarely you can build a true hoseless setup and feed the pole hose through the extension before you put the extension on the main pole. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the responses!

@Pjj does your diy way work with a univalve?

Yes it would i did have one but after 10 months it stoped working so I threw it in the bin , personaly I find it quicker ,easier and a lot cheaper to squeeze the hose ??

The new Gardiners green hose and you don't need any O Clips at all, all in all, just be more cautious when extending the first section so less likely to catch whilst extending 

The new Gardiners green hose and you don't need any O Clips at all, all in all, just be more cautious when extending the first section so less likely to catch whilst extending 

If trying to do a hose-less conversion you have to use two ear clips to stop the hose pulling back through the pole , some people don’t use them on normal hose but I found Evan using cold water that the hose  would pull off the barb without clips , using hot water it makes it evan worse I would say that they are essential for hot .

I've attached a photo

View attachment 16138

My tubeless setup is the same as yours.

Just extend section 1 by pushing the hose up the pole (until the rectus connector has passed by the closed pole sections) then extend the pole as normal. I didn't even need to enlarge the hole on the end cap. Takes a little getting used to but works really well for me, is a great time saver and saves  loops of pole hose in the van.

I run tubeless with a Univalve like this using JG fittings and never have problems with disconnects. The endcap is from Pure Freedom and is great for protecting the hose.

tubeless.jpg

If you prefer to use  the ezsnap/rectus 21 fittings, you could try using a shorter hosetail at the bottom of the pole then fitting something like this (cut from a piece of plastic plumbing pipe) to your pole after connecting to keep the connection inside the pole whilst you work. This is what I did for a while and it worked a treat.

Though I liked the Exceed tubeless kit I just prefer the ease of JG fittings now and have removed the Exceed kit from both my poles.

spacer_01.jpg

spacer_02.jpg

Latest Posts

Back