Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FSC worth it or not?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lee89

Evening Chaps

Im getting into pressure washing and last week took delivery of my 12ltr minute Loncin off Jetmac which I’m loving. 

I am looking into purchasing an 18” flat surface cleaner off Jetmac. I’m just curious, are the FSC worth it or is a turbo nozzle just as fast and efficient?

The plus I can see with a FSC is I won’t get caked in shite. 

Evening Chaps

Im getting into pressure washing and last week took delivery of my 12ltr minute Loncin off Jetmac which I’m loving. 

I am looking into purchasing an 18” flat surface cleaner off Jetmac. I’m just curious, are the FSC worth it or is a turbo nozzle just as fast and efficient?

The plus I can see with a FSC is I won’t get caked in shite. 

Personally I like the fsc but the turbo does have its place , I know a lot will say that the turbo is quicker , I think it depends on your machine fsc is definitely quicker on mine and generaly use a vario Lance for the edges and rinsing also depends on the type of work you are doing 

If you get a fsc make sure it’s jetted for your machine or it won’t work well 

Thanks Pjj 

I’ve had quite a few block paving jobs recently so I think I’ll invest in one just to have it in my tool box. 

Ive only had the Loncin 2 minutes and want something bigger ?

Thanks Pjj 

I’ve had quite a few block paving jobs recently so I think I’ll invest in one just to have it in my tool box. 

Ive only had the Loncin 2 minutes and want something bigger ?

We have a Briggs and Stratton  v twin 21 ltr per muinit it’s a awesome machine I always had Honda before this is much better more power quiter, and better on fuel 

FSC is certainly easier on the body (not so labor intensibe) i’m 5/9 & do get the back aches when doing lance pressure washing. If you’re 6ft plus i can’t see your back lasting long without a surface cleaner somehow.

12LPM is to low for a FSC to work properly I am afraid. I just about got mine to work with the 15LPM machine, but I had to put bigger jets in it.

NOW with the 21 litre machines it is awesome :)

We use a 12.6 lpm machine. FSC works pretty good with it tbh. Would be quicker with a 15lpm machine but we get by ok. I just move it consdierably slower than the wonder blokes in the sales videos ?

Gotta love those sales videos, remember one i saw years ago, guy shows up, magically theres someone to help him get the washer out of the van, who then miraculously vanishes...

then its “oohh yeaah you can earn mega bucks in a matter of  hours etc etc” breezes over what looks to be relatively clean block paving, no sign of any algae, lichen or moss, house must have clearly been staged for the video, not an ornament in sight or sign of any patio furniture, easy access all round ? 

made it look ridiculously easy lol. Then cleaned up the relatively clean fascias with a extendable lance i think. 

no mention of re-sanding or doing windows or how he got the washer back on the van. Big detached house. Then he’s off to the next one!

“ooh yeah mornings work you can do two of these in a day no problem” god bless the bloke but i’m thinking come on mate it’s never that easy

probably cruising along in his van now window rolled down with queen “its a kind of magic” top volume ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 18" FSC but hardly use it. I use my twin turbo which flys through it but more mess. I must thank @Pjj for recommending Rutland Pumps (Ben) and a 250bar at 21lpm Pressure Washer. I don't have an issue with it and saved me a lot of hassle going bigger till I reached where I am at the moment. Got 4 lances now, 3 turbo nozzles, vario and a 1.5m lance so expecting to be busy. :1f609:

FSC is certainly easier on the body (not so labor intensibe) i’m 5/9 & do get the back aches when doing lance pressure washing. If you’re 6ft plus i can’t see your back lasting long without a surface cleaner somehow.

Lol I know what you mean you can get longer lances they come in a wide range of lengths this makes it easier no need to bend over , a friend of mine has ones custom mad3 I think they are nearly 2 meters long for roof cleaning from a cherry picker works a treat , Ben at Rutland pumps should be able to advise/ supply them 

I have a 18" FSC but hardly use it. I use my twin turbo which flys through it but more mess. I must thank @Pjj for recommending Rutland Pumps (Ben) and a 250bar at 21lpm Pressure Washer. I don't have an issue with it and saved me a lot of hassle going bigger till I reached where I am at the moment. Got 4 lances now, 3 turbo nozzles, vario and a 1.5m lance so expecting to be busy. :1f609:
Twin turbo? Sorry if this is a noob question but what is this? 

I am going to look into a longer lance too. Only been using it a week and feeling the back ache onset ?

Back