Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weeds customer or you

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Glazenwasser (.NL)

Reading through the back posts here..... There seems to be a point about weeds... Now we all know if you just tried to pull them out they'll grow back so the best option is to weed treat prior to PW... So do you offer this as a service say 1 week prior or do you have the customer do this themselves or just not bother.  My thinking is if you do it your are sure of a well treated surface prior to starting and then again if the customer does it they are responsible and can save themselves some cash......How do you treat the issue of weeds?

I've never tried to sell weed treatment although I work in landscaping for my full time job and we use this stuff called chikara, it keeps the weeds away for 8/9 months, great stuff!!!  It's like £200 for a wee bottle and comes in a granule form. I'm thinking of selling a weed treatment after cleaning and using this as a selling point 

Would work great on block paving 

You need a liscence in the uk to spray any decent weedkiller, but ive found that most of the hardcore stuff is readily available on ebay! 

I use this stuff around my house and seems to kill off everything ? And 5L goes a very long way!

im no expert by the way!

image.png

Just had a look at 'Chikara' it's expensive but it's very powerful/concentrated.... Do you use it on hard surfaces or just grass/dirt? See it can also be mixed with other chems.

https://www.pitchcare.com/shop/professional-total-weed-killers/chikara-herbicide-50-grams.html?telx=01902-440268&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4qvlBRDiARIsAHme6osDJUIrbAIGr6IC6YdiwVe2wOjkOvdWHwBtweviFZeATiUD9RNw4kYaAlmwEALw_wcB
You could use it on block paving after sanding and it would work. 

Back