Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

benz blackwash and fifteen characters long

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kevinc250

hello all, I thought I would add a few photos of a job I did today, not a high paying one I must admit but one I thought would highlight the use of blackwash in some situations,

you'll see from the following photos theres a tarmac path that runs to the front of the property, if I were to use hypo/surfactant mix etc theres  a 100% chance there would be bleaching to the tarmac due to the run off,

i'd be liable for that so theres a possibility that the local  council would want to re tarmac this- ok I know it wouldn't happen but again theres a chance of this, and i'd get the bill for this.

this job was accomplished with a karcher jet wash and water from my van tank via a gene as there was no water supply available so it was a case of make and mend do on this one and work with what you have.

again not my most impressive job, I could have removed more stains but the lady just wanted an improvement compared to next doors property and didn't want the whole refurb thing doing, my point of the post being for just over  £5 in blackwash-a bit of petrol for the gene and an hour and a halfs work this is whats possible 

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

• no, hypo should be used last not the first thing to pop down, its a typical job whether it be a wall, patio or a whole home, remove as much of the dirt as you can whether it be by manual scrubbing with a brush and surfactant and rinse off or pressure wash then the hypo or in this case because of the tarmac  blackwash was used as It is more suitable in these situations 
  • think of removing layer upon layer of dirt until you get to a point where hypo or other things will only brighten or highlight the work,then rinse off properly

if i'm honest £100, the lady was an oap and really sweet- that's my weak point, she wanted to pay more at the end of the job and I refused oap's I tend to do jobs really cheap-its just me I love just that cup of tea and a banter its not about money, just being nice and it makes my week doing something good for someone who appreciates it

hello all, I thought I would add a few photos of a job I did today, not a high paying one I must admit but one I thought would highlight the use of blackwash in some situations,

you'll see from the following photos theres a tarmac path that runs to the front of the property, if I were to use hypo/surfactant mix etc theres  a 100% chance there would be bleaching to the tarmac due to the run off,

i'd be liable for that so theres a possibility that the local  council would want to re tarmac this- ok I know it wouldn't happen but again theres a chance of this, and i'd get the bill for this.

this job was accomplished with a karcher jet wash and water from my van tank via a gene as there was no water supply available so it was a case of make and mend do on this one and work with what you have.

again not my most impressive job, I could have removed more stains but the lady just wanted an improvement compared to next doors property and didn't want the whole refurb thing doing, my point of the post being for just over  £5 in blackwash-a bit of petrol for the gene and an hour and a halfs work this is whats possible 

View attachment 16170

View attachment 16171

View attachment 16172

View attachment 16173

Looking good , Ime glad it was a Karcher if I put my washer on that there wouldn’t have been a lot left ??? good job done , I think I would have hypo the path as well just to prove a point 

Can’t knock your work ethic bud, it’s not always about the money. Besides you can always add a bit to the next customers bill that can easily afford it.

Back