Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Hi - New User

Guest marku

Guest marku

Hi

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been doing window cleaning for 25 years now and have had a Pole system for approx 4 years. Love my job but contracts drying up with recession etc - any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hi

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been doing window cleaning for 25 years now and have had a Pole system for approx 4 years. Love my job but contracts drying up with recession etc - any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hi mark am new here myself & new to this line of work. I myself have writen to loads of commercial asking to put in a price when up for tender not sure if ive done the right thing only time will tell sorry i cant be of more help & welcome

Guest Catherine

Hi Lisa

Some contracts are the right place right time type. The phone is good, but I find it all dependent on areas. For example I got around 13 booked appointments by cold calling in around 12 hours - sometimes it can be better sometimes it can be worse. I know two of those jobs have been signed off, others pending or quote has gone to head office. Its surprising what you learn as well. One of the companies has 5 other buildings under their umbrella - so it really pays to do a bit of phoning around. This is for window cleaning, but I dont see why it wouldnt work for carpet cleaning etc.

Hope that helps

Few of my commercial jobs have come through Domestic customers recommending me or Been stop while cleaning and asked to do their Premises.I use to just walk into places and speak to reception or drop a leaflet and try to make an appointment to speak to the Building manager or a decision maker.You can registrar to tender sites and you can go through their archives and look for jobs that are up for renewal and tender for them (cost about £1000 a year ;) ) Or you can employ the services of Catherine to break the ice and book appointments :)

Guest Catherine

Thank you for that Nearlyclean. I just think with the phone its more direct. I sort of imagine how many leaflets companies receive each day, and where they get directed to. Also, its more personal on the phone, especially when you ring back after the appointment has been attended, youve already kind of built a small relationship with the company. One lady who I spoke with today, really friendly - "oh hi Kate, we havent got the quote yet" I actually felt she was on our side to get the job, when she revealed the other locations. Was much more at ease to speak to me, as I had already made contact. So I would suggest to anybody if you have the time, or can put a couple of hours a side to really number crunch - it can be worth it. Its a straight forward call - so you can do high volume and steam through a list. Your also building up your database with renewal dates, email addresses etc. Can be quite valuable for future use. Sending details too, directly after you have spoken to the decision maker

What good advice Catherine - makes very good sense.

A lot of us, myself included can be head down working putting in lots of effort instead of standing back & planning it properly.

Dave

Guest Catherine

Thank you flipfast. If your prepared to put in the time, Im sure you will get some results, just have to keep plugging along. It is high volume calling. You need to also follow up with an electronic flyer for people who say not at the mo.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.