DeLaCruz

Large hydrophobic shop fronts

DeLaCruz

I have a couple of these, and the WFP is leaving droplets on the glass when i finish even after i rinse using 100 degree fan jets at 5cm  - ofc these could dry but it s not really the finish i wanna leave for the client. Couple solutions i considered:

1) Just swipe off the pure water left with a rubber squeegee

2) Get a squeegee adapter for my WFP (is this done much, if it is can anyone recommend one)

3) Switch to entirely trad for these shops since they are easy enough access. 

4) Invest in a Reach it hydro blade - these look really good but expensive option + not community tested product

Pjj

Just squeegee them off it should be fine we do a couple like this 

spruce
3 hours ago, DeLaCruz said:

I have a couple of these, and the WFP is leaving droplets on the glass when i finish even after i rinse using 100 degree fan jets at 5cm  - ofc these could dry but it s not really the finish i wanna leave for the client. Couple solutions i considered:

1) Just swipe off the pure water left with a rubber squeegee

2) Get a squeegee adapter for my WFP (is this done much, if it is can anyone recommend one)

3) Switch to entirely trad for these shops since they are easy enough access. 

4) Invest in a Reach it hydro blade - these look really good but expensive option + not community tested product

You could also just leave them to dry normally and check them later. Then you will know how they dry off.

Personally I would blade them off as @Pjj says.

We never had many shop fronts but we found it best to blade the doors off after wfping them. During the winter months we did them traditionally due to the concern of water on the pavements becoming a slip hazard.

I only have one accountants office in the high street now that I clean early on a Sunday morning because of the number of pedistrans otherwise. In winter I spread the pavement with salt. There is a council salt bin conveniently placed so I use that and take a photo after I have gritted the pavement with the building entrance in the edge of the photo. No one can argue that the photo was taken elsewhere.

Iron Giant

I do two shop fronts they both get wfp and left, some shop owners are happy with wfp others aren't but mine will be dry before anyone turns up and both happy customers although one I do for free so definitely no complaints 😀

DeLaCruz

Thanks a lot for all the help on this one 👌

Daniel Perkins
Posted (edited)

Have this dilemma with a few of mine hydrophobic jobs, big enough jobs for large coffee chain, lot of panels with frames that hold the water but seals do drip. I do find myself blading water off with a 36" squeegee or it will never stop dripping down & with the staff merry go round I got sick of explaining to new staff about wfp. Annoying doing it to be honest but it's still quicker and a better clean than doing it trad. I would leave them and check back to see how they dried but jobs aren't close to my area so less hassle just swiping off the excess.

Edited by Daniel Perkins