Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to business in England

Watermark

Hi all,

im new to the site so a small introduction, I have sold my company in holland to move to England next month to be living with my girlfriend and start a new window cleaning business.  In holland we always put a slip through the mailbox(or hand them over personally when they customers are home) that the windows has been washed today with payment details on it. Since I’m new to how business is done in the UK, I would appreciate it a lot if you guys could give me some examples of how you have set up all your info sheets or payment slips. Or sent me in the right direction with a link or anything that could be helpful.

thank you all very much 

Hi all,

im new to the site so a small introduction, I have sold my company in holland to move to England next month to be living with my girlfriend and start a new window cleaning business.  In holland we always put a slip through the mailbox(or hand them over personally when they customers are home) that the windows has been washed today with payment details on it. Since I’m new to how business is done in the UK, I would appreciate it a lot if you guys could give me some examples of how you have set up all your info sheets or payment slips. Or sent me in the right direction with a link or anything that could be helpful.

thank you all very much 
Welcome.

Yes that’s what I & most do. Just a A6 printed bit of paper with two blank bits to fill in, which is the day/date and the price of their clean. 

Underneath they have the option to send a cheque in the post OR pay online. 

Half of my customers are always out so makes sense. 

Hope it goes well ? 

I'd blank your details out if I were you, this is posted in a public forum, I also had a pair of boots like yours ? 
Thanks. How do I do that?

Too late I guess.

Although most websites have their bank payment details visible. But yeh something to think about next time. 

Just write out an invoice on a self carbon invoice book , post one copy through the letter box and keep a copy in the book to keep a track on payments / or not.

Back