Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public and Employers insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I signed up with gleaming recently... then needed to clarify something with them. Sent them an email, they never replied.

They could argue that it was marked as spam however in this day and age you shouldn't really be accepting customers online if you're not going to add their email address to a whitelist.

I gave gleaming a call... took forever to answer my call, then back into a queue - knowing nothing about my email sent two weeks ago.

Helpful bunch.

Meanwhile their underwriter Hiscox have dropped me a letter doubling my first DD payment - a month late (2 payments in one). That's not a big issue but clearly gleaming aren't living up to their name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently renewed with APlan. The guy called the underwriter for me and they confirmed it's an old wives tale that they don't cover the glass you're working on. Furthermore it would need to be a specific limitation in the policy.

Aplan called me while I was working, spoke to me on my earphones while I carried on cleaning windows. I made a few changes (added ladder work, increased to 5 million etc) he went away and came back to me with a price of £14 per month and I went with it. It's so cheap if someone is willing to put in the legwork I don't think its worth shopping around for.

Back