Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO All Squeegee App users - Urgent

P4dstar

Premium Member
Evening guys. There is a current bug in the @Squeegee App where customers are marked as paid as soon as you click done. I spotted this over the weekend and reported it. Got the told Monday the mistake has now been resolved and there would be an update pushed through shortly. Just updated the app and it does tell me there will be no issues moving forward but everyone marked as complete before the update has also been marked as paid and received an email stating this.

I asked if these customers were being sent emails telling them they have paid via email this morning at half six but they are yet to respond and I couldn't get through on the support number just now either. I found out they are receiving paid invoices by sending one of my customers to myself. If any of you are having this issue I would suggest you quickly update the app, unmark people as paid and resend invoices. It also will not have generated any payment with GC as the app believes payment has been made.

This effected me today, though I don’t use GC so no where near as brutal as for you. I’ll  add on my they show as purple (paid) but when you click them they still show the correct balance owed and the invoice has been generated. 

Been in in contact with them. I feel sorry for them, it seems to be one bug after the other at the moment! 

Yep me too.  Just prepping to send my pilot franchisee out on his own, and the app is causing havoc.  I'm beginning to not be able to trust this thing which is not a comfortable place to be. 

Might be back to spreadsheets at this rate, at least I know they're right

Very unhappy!!

I feel sorry for them
Me too. As I told Ed in my email I have put this on here so that any of you guys having the issue who haven't realised that customers have been getting invoices saying paid.

I do however feel that this issue is something that should have been easily spotted in testing. If someone actually used a live version it would have been so obvious it's unreal. I worry that Squeegee is so laden with bugs that new releases are being forced through without full testing.

Me too. As I told Ed in my email I have put this on here so that any of you guys having the issue who haven't realised that customers have been getting invoices saying paid.

I do however feel that this issue is something that should have been easily spotted in testing. If someone actually used a live version it would have been so obvious it's unreal. I worry that Squeegee is so laden with bugs that new releases are being forced through without full testing.
Ohh 100%, it needs to be raised. In fact I think it’s a major enough bug they should contact all customers to inform them it happens. 

Yeah, I do agree. Stuff that worked no problem is now not working. It’s frustrating as when I started using it it worked solid for me. Saying that, I don’t feel going back to Spreadsheets as others here have said. It’s not till I stopped using them have I realised how cumbersome it was!

I do feel for them as they obviously want to innovate and push forward to get more and bigger customers, but it’s obviously so much work it’s pulling them from all ends. Maybe a slow down on new features would help. Saying that, the multi-view thing is now released and was probably taking all the effort it get it out, so maybe bug squashing can now be a focus.  

Ohh 100%, it needs to be raised. In fact I think it’s a major enough bug they should contact all customers to inform them it happens. 

Yeah, I do agree. Stuff that worked no problem is now not working. It’s frustrating as when I started using it it worked solid for me. Saying that, I don’t feel going back to Spreadsheets as others here have said. It’s not till I stopped using them have I realised how cumbersome it was!

I do feel for them as they obviously want to innovate and push forward to get more and bigger customers, but it’s obviously so much work it’s pulling them from all ends. Maybe a slow down on new features would help. Saying that, the multi-view thing is now released and was probably taking all the effort it get it out, so maybe bug squashing can now be a focus.  
I hope so mate. I did suggest a mass email would have been in order for this type of problem. Problem is if these customers decide not to pay no court in the land will hear the case as they have an email saying payment has been received with thanks ?‍♂️

I hope so mate. I did suggest a mass email would have been in order for this type of problem. Problem is if these customers decide not to pay no court in the land will hear the case as they have an email saying payment has been received with thanks ?‍♂️
Are you sure about that? Surely the law allows for mistakes like this to happen and then you just produce GC and bank statements to show its false?

They have a chat function in the app.  Can't they just use that to tell us when they've fxxxed up?
The chat function is great but it doesn’t seem to have a notification function (or I’ve messed up setting my up on my phone). I have to check for replies. 

Well my franchisees are not at all impressed and bug after bug takes it's toll. We will be starting the process of migrating all our records back to CP instead now.  

None of the apps are perfect but we never had close to these kinds of issues with CP. 

Well my franchisees are not at all impressed and bug after bug takes it's toll. We will be starting the process of migrating all our records back to CP instead now.  

None of the apps are perfect but we never had close to these kinds of issues with CP. 
That’s a shame, it was yourself who put me onto them, but also completely understand. I hope going forward they’re builds are a lot more stable. But I’m being selfish, I don’t want to have to change software! ?

i'm in the same boat Darren,and it was yourself who placed this app so highly, however in the cold light of day and two months in, I feel the dread every day wondering if its going to work is this going to upload etc-you been through it so is geuss you;ll know much more on the stress side.

this weekend all of my work is going back to cp as in all honesty I am looking forward to not waking up to being on a knifes edge if squeegee is working or not-I don't need it.

the app is good, but its not half as stable as cp and tbh we are window cleaners we just need something basic and is as solid as a rock and cp does just that, 

I feel,given a year or so squeegee maybe worth re visiting but at the moment its a case of sticking a plaster over a plaster and hoping it works that's what it seems to me.

I got the nudge on Friday that things were not as they seem so went to pen and paper the trusty gardiners pen is still working which is a plus and maybe a record for that model?

I seem to spend more of my time nowadays checking to see if theres a problem I should be aware of or if someone has seen a glitch in the program that i'm not aware off. cp was never this and I am so looking forward to going back there next week

Are you sure about that? Surely the law allows for mistakes like this to happen and then you just produce GC and bank statements to show its false?
It's a civil thing mate, cannot imagine a judge would give it the time of day. You file and claim they ain't paid, they send a copy of the email saying received with thanks and they dismiss the case. I've been reading about taking people to court, it appears you very rarely get asked to actually attend nowadays, its all just done remotely.

I have a new problem where my customers have "paid" (on squeegee and in reality) but they still owe the amount they have paid.  There is no log of the payment, but I can't clear what they owe.  

I'm glad I've not got multiple vans out like Darren pro as I'd have lost the plot by now

I have a new problem where my customers have "paid" (on squeegee and in reality) but they still owe the amount they have paid.  There is no log of the payment, but I can't clear what they owe.  

I'm glad I've not got multiple vans out like Darren pro as I'd have lost the plot by now
How did they pay mate? I've got one who has just paid BACS, checked after marking him as paid and all good.

I have seen it in the past where they still show under owing but it's something to do with the version I was using, just needed an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big thank you to all the users who gave feedback and helped us diagnose and fix the invoicing issue. 

We discovered what the issue was early Monday morning and had an update released and live on Android and the Web less than 3 hours later with Apple approving it later that day. 

We couldn't find and solve issues as quickly if it wasn't for the level of quality feedback our users provide in giving exact details of their issues directly to us. 

Version 1.6.1 released Monday morning prevented the issue from occurring, version 1.6.2 corrects incorrectly marked invoices retroactively and has been out on Android and the Web since yesterday, and is awaiting approval on ios. 

Please ensure you send feedback and questions directly to us at [email protected] or the in app chat when signed in, as we will only discuss private account data such as customers and invoices through these verified methods.  

If you are calling us on 0330 900 4040 and are unable to get through, please leave a message as we always respond to these. 

Thanks again, 

The Squeegee Team

We discovered what the issue was early Monday morning and had an update released and live on Android and the Web less than 3 hours later with Apple approving it later that day.
If it only took 3 hours to fix on Monday then why did it take you guys ten and a half hours to respond to my email (sent at 6:30 Tuesday morning) asking you to confirm if customers were getting emails saying they had paid. The reason for the delay getting back to me ''My apologies for not getting back to you sooner but we made the call that fixing the issue was the priority so that we could update users with a solution rather than more details about the problem''I've not long got off the phone to a customer giving me an earful, thought her husband had paid! At the start of the conversation she was cancelling but thankfully I managed to turn it around

It's a civil thing mate, cannot imagine a judge would give it the time of day. You file and claim they ain't paid, they send a copy of the email saying received with thanks and they dismiss the case. I've been reading about taking people to court, it appears you very rarely get asked to actually attend nowadays, its all just done remotely.
Personally not the type of customer I'd want. They will know if they've paid you so they are dishonest. I agree that the App isn't doing the job you're paying it to do but you shouldn't worry about losing chancer customers. 

Latest Posts

Back