Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size D I Vessel

Jango

I currently have a 500 litre flat tank in my van. What size D I Vessel do you recommend to go in my van. 

I have a static R O System, which I fill the van from, just need to finally polish off the water. 

Many thanks in advance. 

I currently have a 500 litre flat tank in my van. What size D I Vessel do you recommend to go in my van. 

I have a static R O System, which I fill the van from, just need to finally polish off the water. 

Many thanks in advance. 

I think most use 11 ltr ,  

I recently got van system and was told 11L is the smallest vessel that ensures good resin efficiency, not sure in the science but seems like the industry standard for DI vessels. The 11L is small enough to fit neatly in any small van, just make sure the pipes fitted are secured well so they don’t work loose as you drive around and start leaking. 

11L DI is what I use difference is Static RO then DI into IBC tank then purewater is transfered straight to my van. 

@Den @Algie 

It comes out of my static RO at 0. Then I pump it straight into the van tank. For 18 months I have worked this way, never had any problem. But a friend of mine said I would be better with a D I Vessel in the van as well, he said sunlight , temperature etc can effect the pure, so I thought maybe I should get one in the van then. What do you guys think? 

If your tds is already 000 then that’s perfect If you use RO and Di in your garage no need for another DI vessel in van. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Den @Algie 

It comes out of my static RO at 0. Then I pump it straight into the van tank. For 18 months I have worked this way, never had any problem. But a friend of mine said I would be better with a D I Vessel in the van as well, he said sunlight , temperature etc can effect the pure, so I thought maybe I should get one in the van then. What do you guys think? 
If it sits in your van for a few months in direct sunlight then yes you might need to put it through a DI, or filter. If you regularly empty and fill it, and it's mostly out of direct sunlight, then no you don't need to put it through another DI

Do any of you just use the filter system then the membrane, straight into ibc  tank. No di Vessel. Then when you put it in the van tank I guess at around 10tds, then use the di Vessel to get the TDS down to 0? 

Back