Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Issues with shurflo pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jjs window cleaning service

So I have a nice waterworks system with power up reel. Working great for the last 6 weeks...then suddenly yesterday between jobs the pump stopped working. Display works and appears fine...its charging fine etc but there is no noise from the pump (its usually quite loud). So display appears fine but no water delivery or pump noise and no fault displayed on facelift controller

Phoned waterworks who guided me through usual checking of wires etc. They said they have never seen this fault so I will be making the long journey down to waterworks to get it checked. Any body had anything similar happen at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
(its usually quite loud) - That doesn't sound good as a brand new pump is not that loud.

If you have some spare wire lying around pull the connected from pump to controller. Then red wire on pump connect to + on battery and black wire to - on battery.

If the pump works then you know it's not the pump and probably a faulty connector that connects the battery 

It was quite loud from the start so I was used to a rumbling sound...checked all wires whilst on the phone to manufacturer and they all appear fine. Apparently a fault code would display if there was a loose connection or lack of power. I will update the post after my visit to waterworks on Saturday as They themselves say they have never seen a fault like this in all the time fitting systems. But if it's going to happen to anyone it's going to happen to me (so much for luck of the irish)

Back