Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You haven’t cleaned my windows

R wcs

Customer, I’ll pay you this time but I’ll be doing them my self next time as windows still dirty ,

Sent a text back saying I’m in the street this morning I will have a look , 

after looking at it , it’s  obvious inside , 

people use cream cleaner in Newcastle when moving into a house ,so blocks windows , till they have moved in  probably ,  

rang and door nocked him still no answer from him,

maybe he feels stupid , pulling me up when infact it’s his own  

hygiene problem 

do anybody get this at times

28D6C2AA-27ED-4909-B3D5-496D7D7DFB7B.jpeg

I had a regular customer years ago complaining about cloth marks similar to those above  back when I was trad so mop and squeegee no shammy so went onto say how she had told her daughter and how shocked they both were at how the windows looked when the blinds were open and you guessed it, it was her shoddy job on the insides as I explained I didn't use a cloth despite cleaning her windows for years I think it dawned on her as we spoke, I never got an apology as she told me she was on her way out to an appointment.  

Am pretty sure when he comes around and sends that text message (feeling stupid) he will want me carry on with them

but it’s all about filtering customers in this game , 

so think I’ll send a text tonight, letting him know he’s been removed from the system and to keep payment,

Just wish people would check things before jumping to blame the  reliable window cleaner lol

Am pretty sure when he comes around and sends that text message (feeling stupid) he will want me carry on with them

but it’s all about filtering customers in this game , 

so think I’ll send a text tonight, letting him know he’s been removed from the system and to keep payment,

Just wish people would check things before jumping to blame the  reliable window cleaner lol

Dump him if you want but do not let him get away with a free clean!!!

I had one today, as I'm about to drive off she came out and says 'I think you forgot the kitchen window.' No I didn't as it was the last window I cleaned. 'Oh it must be inside then' she said. Yep, see you next time.

Another one a few months back; 'you left cloth marks on the kitchen window last time.' I don't use a cloth ?. I had a look and she'd had some work done and the builder or whoever had drilled into the brickwork as there was brick dust on the sill, and had wiped the dust off the window with a cloth. 

Some people just just don't get that we do this for a living and can tell what is what when it comes to dirty windows.

I had a call once from a regular saying the back window at the top was dirty. On having a look i couldnt see a thing...inside or out. Thought am i going mad or what. Whip ladder off, get up there to have a close inspection. It was dust in between the panes ?

i explained to her & said she had bloomin good eyesight ?

I've had 2 this week. Almost identical. Both 3 floor town houses. They had both complained about the back windows looking like they've not been done. 

The first one said there were smears on the glass for months back and despite me telling him the system can't leave streaks or smears except in exceptional circumstances he wasn't convinced, I said I'd give them a deep clean next week when I was there using no nonsense degreaser. Last week I was due to clean them again and he replied to my notification text with "well I hope you do the back as they're still a mess"

When I did them later I just gave them a normal clean with water as there was no point doing another deep clean. I text him saying I'd done a thorough clean on the back and any marks he could see would be on the insides. He text back saying the windows are all fine now thanks. 

Do either the deep clean made no difference and the quick clean got it all, or he realised that the marks were cloth marks on the inside! They never admit it though!

The second rang and cancelled. Said the back hadn't been done for months and I was charging full price for a front only (it had been done every time very well).

I was passing by and text him saying I have done them but apologize that you're not happy with the job and I'll return and give the back a thorough go as I don't want to leave you with dirty windows. As soon as I got there I could tell what the problem was. Really bad smears all over the insides on the middle level. They obviously thought they were on the outside and the fact that they were still there for months meant I hadn't done it.

I did reclean it, and sent them a message saying so, but suggested they're unlikely to see any improvement until they do the insides. They replied later, 'yes that's a lot better thanks"... It wasn't any better- they just wanted to save face as they'll have realised now. 

The annoying thing is they'll be too embarrassed to have me back and will get another window cleaner in. I had a run of 20 houses in a row and they've broken it up now!! ?

I'm sure a lot of customers have mess on the insides or between the panes and think it's me but don't tell me.

Another was adamant it was me leaving cloth marks with my brush somehow. I did the inside with a squeegee and they magically disappeared.. they didn't say much and didn't offer to pay for last month when I'd waived the charge as they'd said on the phone I'd done such a bad job..

Customers...?

Yep had this quite a few times. Both back when I was trad and from WFP. 99% of the time it was marks on the insides. One little old dear just wouldn't have it it was on her insides so I asked if I could come in to prove it. Which I did and she STILL wouldn't have it!! No apology, nothing! A WFP one I got was right on my first week after switching from trad to WFP, I was asking one of my customers who I'm quite freindly with how his windows were...'ok but it does leave a few streaks doesn't it..?' my face dropped and I immediately said show me. Yep, sure enough they were marks on the inside, which he then started calling his wife names. I could of knocked him clean out right there lol.

I just wonder to myself how many times customers who would never say anything to our faces have marks on the insides and are sat there thinking 'God that window cleaner is ****!' thinking it's the outsides ?

Does anyone else find that often the customers with the messiest, most cluttered houses and gardens are the fussiest, and the ones most likely to scrutinise for the slightest imperfection? I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that they want us to make up for their own shortcomings. 

Had a customer through a subcontract that was adamant I used ladders.

One day when it was particularly windy I decided to do them with wfp so she would still get clean windows. She rang my colleague up and was furious.

The next time it was too windy I decided to use a trad pole, and she rang my employer once again, shouting and being not very nice.

So I ended up doing them with ladder, or skipping them when windy.

At one point there were the tiniest speck of paint that obviously irritated her to such a great extent she felt she had to berate my profession again. The speck was hardly visible with my nose right up to it. And it was behind one of her entire garden of flowers she kept on the sills so it wasn't even visible from the inside.

And it looked like she cleaned her windows with liver paste. (Which is a saying around here). ?

Glad I got to drop the domestic customers from that subcontract.

Iv had it too loads of times, I always offer to clean the dirty inside window for them and joke thats why they need to pay me and now they can see what a good job im doing. Almost always the customers attitude changes towards me after that and they appreciate it more.

Does anyone else find that often the customers with the messiest, most cluttered houses and gardens are the fussiest, and the ones most likely to scrutinise for the slightest imperfection? I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that they want us to make up for their own shortcomings. 

I've not found that to be the case, I had another one when I was halfway through cleaning the windows she said I had left lines on the living room window and they are usually perfect, she asked me to pop inside and take a look, lines from left to right across each pain I put my finger straight through the middle and she was embarrassed and apologetic, she had just bought a Karcher vac that week and didn't figure they would be off that ?

A customer of mine who is always at work when I clean her windows was off one time and ran out of the house saying you have left all the glass wet?

I said yes that's wfp and she said sure it will leave dots when it drys my response was have they been ok all yr?yup was the answer ?

I had that once. She phoned my wife to complain I'd driven off and left the windows wet. I'd been doing them a couple of years and she'd never been home before. I went back and explained the system to her. She was too proud to admit fault and went looking for faults that didn't exist. Not had a problem with her since and it's quite a well paid job. Might have been different if I hadn't stood my ground. 

Another was adamant it was me leaving cloth marks with my brush somehow. I did the inside with a squeegee and they magically disappeared.. they didn't say much and didn't offer to pay for last month when I'd waived the charge as they'd said on the phone I'd done such a bad job..

Drop them an invoice through the door stating "reinstated fee due to no fault fee cancellation", then another fee for the secondary call out, inspection and further internal clean.

Make sure it totals over the minimum for a money claim online lol.

Back